Mercury in compact fluorescent bulbs | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Mercury in compact fluorescent bulbs

According to an article in the August/September issue of Home Power Magazine, written by Dave Muhly of the Sierra Club, mercury is in light switches, switches in appliances, thermostats and in dental fillings. When combining all of the various sources of mercury in you home, CFLs are a small fraction of that total. The Mercury in CFLs pose no health hazard if disposed of properly. The Clean Power Co-op and Plan It Solar will accept burnt-out CFLs and make sure they are disposed of properly. Wrap them in paper to reduce the chance of breakage.

Marston Schultz

Secretary/Treasurer



CPCNC

Grass Valley


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User