Young composers’ talent showcased
June 17, 2018
On Saturday, 11 young minds between the ages of 14 and 22 showcased their talent during the Music in the Mountains' Young Composers Project at the end-of-the-year concert held in front of a room full of people at Peace Lutheran Church.
The young musicians presented intricately composed pieces brought to life by professional musicians playing the flute, cello, harp, piano, French horn, oboe, viola, violin and marimba.
Held in partnership with the South Yuba River Citizens League, the young participants worked the Wild and Scenic Film Festival, attended a Centennial Dam opposition rally and visited the Yuba River to inspire their compositions with titles such as; Dancing with Water, by Fabian Tutor; The Weeping of the Lonely River, by Eva Floyd; and Overlapping Currents, by Evan Prescott.
Trending In: Local News
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening
- Contractor error delays new playground in Grass Valley
- Grass Valley police: Man on parole caught after fleeing officers
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info