‘Walk’ along Pacific Coast Trail set to be presented Wednesday in Nevada City
October 24, 2017
Hiker to share Pacific Coast Trail experience
Take a walk with Henry Shires from along the Pacific Crest Trail, from Mexico to Canada, without leaving Nevada County.
A presentation is set for 7 to 8:30 p.m. today in the Gene Albaugh Community Room of the Madelyn Helling Library. It will cover a "walk" of 2,660 miles and share the joys and challenges of four months on the trail. Shires is an avid long-distance hiker.
"My 1999 thru-hike of the Pacific Crest Trail transformed my life," Shires said.
A decade ago, Henry and his family moved to Nevada County to continue work on their business, Tarptent, an internationally-recognized company specializing in lightweight tents. Henry started Tarptent after making his own gear for his life-changing PCT hike.
The event is free and donations are appreciated.
Trending In: Local News
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s
- More snow possible down to 1,000 feet for Nevada County
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley