Two public meetings scheduled this week about Centennial Reservoir
March 7, 2016
The Nevada Irrigation District will hold two public meetings this week in its efforts to gather public comment about the proposed Centennial Reservoir project.
The first meeting is from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Grass Valley Holiday Inn Express, 121 Bank St.
The second meeting is from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Forest Lake Christian High School, 12515 Combie Road.
People also can submit their written comments through April 18 to NID board secretary Lisa Francis Tassone, 1036 W. Main St., Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Public comment is wanted for an Environmental Impact Report, a document necessary for the project.
With an estimated cost of $200 to $300 million, the project includes a new reservoir on the Bear River, between the Rollins and Combie reservoirs.
Recommended Stories For You
The project, if approved, is expected to be complete by 2023.
Trending In: Local News
- Lake Wildwood looks to remove geese, cites E. coli issues
- The future’s so bright; Some Nevada County graduates choose prestigious schools
- Altercation at Grass Valley transient camp injures two, sends man to jail
- Riding against racism (photo gallery)
- Hilary Hodge concedes District 3 Nevada County Board of Supervisors race