TechTonic event welcomes author Bill Kilday
July 31, 2018
Bill Kilday's new book Never Lost Again chronicles the evolution of mapping technology — the "overnight success 20 years in the making."
At August's TechTonic event, the Nevada County Tech Connection partners with the Nevada County Arts Council to host Kilday for a collaborative event in which tech and literature join forces. Kilday will offer the audience a literary conversation, reading and question and answer session.
Check in starts at 4:30 p.m. Aug. 7 at the Nevada County Tech Hub at 104 New Mohawk Road in Nevada City. Kilday's book will be available for sale.
Networking and food and drinks are scheduled from 5 to 5:55 p.m. followed by Kilday's presentation at 6 p.m. Kilday will remain after for a 7 p.m. book signing.
Kilday, the marketing director for Keyhole and Google Maps, was there from the earliest days, and offers a personal look behind the scenes at the tech and the minds developing it.
Those interested in attending this free event can learn more and RSVP on the Facebook event page. A donation of $5-$15 would be appreciated, but is not required.
Recommended Stories For You
Source: Nevada County Tech Connection
Trending In: Local News
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening
- Grass Valley police: Man on parole caught after fleeing officers
- Nevada County Fair board ousts CEO Rea Callender