Road rage led to Highway 49, Brunswick Road wreck, authorities say
November 3, 2017
Authorities say road rage led to a Thursday afternoon wreck on Golden Center Freeway at Brunswick Road, sending the suspect to the hospital with major injuries.
Lawrence C. Alexander, 46, of Smartsville, is accused of colliding his white Chevrolet pickup truck into the victim's gray Dodge pickup. The collision sent both vehicles off-road, with Alexander's pickup striking a tree before stopping, California Highway Patrol reports state.
The 28-year-old victim reported no injuries to officers, authorities said.
The incident began Thursday afternoon on Highway 20, west of Harmony Ridge Road. The victim's vehicle was in front of Alexander, who was aggressively tailgating the Dodge, reports state.
Alexander began to pass the victim as they approached Brunswick, turning his pickup into the Dodge's path and striking it around 4:20 p.m., CHP said.
Alexander's pickup hit a tree. An ambulance took him to a hospital with major injuries, reports state.
Recommended Stories For You
The victim told officers he saw a weapon brandished, though none was found, CHP said.
Alexander faced no charges on Friday, with authorities citing his injuries and the continuing investigation into the crash.
Trending In: Local News
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening
- Grass Valley police: Man on parole caught after fleeing officers
- Nevada City pondering Commercial Street options
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- Candidates for U.S. House agree on little in public forum held in Graeagle (VIDEO)