Railroad museum in Nevada City hosts pair of book signings
April 13, 2018
Two new books on local railroading history have just been published and the authors will be at the Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum from noon to 2 p.m. on April 21.
"Railroads of Nevada County" by Andrew Brandon and "Railroads of Placer County" by Art Sommers and Roger Staab are published by Arcadia Publishing, which specializes in books focusing on local community history.
The three authors are scheduled to discuss their work, share some of the fascinating history covered in their books, and answer questions from those in attendance. Books will be available for purchase and the authors will be available to sign copies. Refreshments will be served and docent-led tours of the museum will be available.
The museum is located at 5 Kidder Court, at the intersection of Bost and New Mohawk, in Nevada City. For more, call the museum at 530-470-0902 or check the museum's website: ncngrrmuseum.org.
Trending In: Local News
- County rallies for Paradise fire victims
- Grass Valley residents gather to oppose Sessions firing
- Wildfire destroys most of California town of Paradise
- California firefighters union responds to Trump tweet threatening to withhold wildfire aid
- More wrangling delays sentencings in Nevada County pot caretaker murder case