Police Blotter March 15, 2007
• At 10:32 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of School Street reported people who were staying at Hospitality House at night were staying in a white van during the day.
• At 1:41 p.m., a caller from a business on the 1000 block of Nevada City Highway reported a transient was camping between businesses. The caller wanted the man removed. Police advised the man to move on or he would be arrested.
• At 4:11 p.m., a man called from the 400 block of South Auburn Street to report that a male juvenile sitting on a banister appeared to have been holding a handgun, and the caller said he believed the juvenile shot at his bus. Police took a report.
• At 5:34 p.m., a caller from a fast-food restaurant on the 1000 block of East Main Street reported two men in a red Pontiac Sunfire left the drive-through window smoking what appeared to be a joint. Patrol officers were advised.
• At 7:56 p.m., a caller from Pleasant Street reported a man was lying in a driveway. The caller thought the man was intoxicated.
• At 6:20 p.m., a caller from the hospital on Glasson Way reported a gray-haired man with tattoos left the emergency room with an intravenous tube still in his arm. Police located the man at his home on Old Tunnel Road, and the man refused any further medical treatment.
• At 7:26 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Pleasant Street reported a verbal fight between three to four people in a parking lot. Police responded and separated the people involved.
• At 8:29 p.m., a caller from South Auburn Street at Whiting Street reported an engine block was in the middle of the road. Police moved the block to the side of the road, to be picked up by Public Works.
• At 8:52 p.m., a caller from a theater on the 800 block of East Main Street reported an assault by an elderly man who was driving a champagne Toyota Camry. Police took a report for assault.
• At 10:07 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of South Church Street reported a man was sleeping between a house and a church. Police contacted the 58-year-old man, who would be moving along.
• At 10:49 p.m., police stopped a vehicle on Bennett Street at Depot Street and arrested a 50-year-old man on suspicion of drunken driving.
• At 7:20 a.m., a caller reported a noninjury accident on Ridge Road near a church.
• At 8:55 a.m., police stopped a vehicle on Hughes Road and cited a man on suspicion of driving with a suspended license. Police had the man’s car towed.
• At 2:19 p.m., a man called from the 16000 block of Jericho Road and reported that his wife’s wedding ring and other jewelry were stolen from a cabin last week.
• At 2:54 p.m., a caller from Bear River High School reported a juvenile was being hit by his father. The juvenile had a cut lip. Deputies took a report and referred the issue to Child Protective Services.
• At 8:52 p.m., a woman called from the 10000 block of Carrington Lane to report that a man told her friend over the phone that when their child goes to bed, he will kill her.
• At 6:55 p.m., deputies took a report for a restraining order violation at a business on the 200 block of Broad Street.
• At 11:35 a.m., a caller reported a man was walking back and forth in front of a business on the 200 block of Broad Street, in violation of a restraining order. The man told a woman last night that he was going to kill a waitress that worked at the business. Police took a report. The man was gone when they arrived.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User