Police blotter 7/6/07
• At 1:20 p.m., a vehicle on the 100 block of Neal Street backed into a police patrol car. Police took a report.
• At 4:04 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Maiden Lane reported an assault with a head injury. Police contacted the caller and searched for a suspect, who they were unable to locate at his residence on the 100 block of Richardson Street. Police took a report, then located the suspect, a 32-year-old man. Police cited the man on suspicion of battery.
• At 6:02 p.m., a caller from Brighton Street at Packard Drive reported a vehicle accident with an injury. Police took a report.
• At 7:42 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Comstock Court reported a fight between a husband and wife. The caller said the husband hit his wife in the face. He had no weapons and was on the home’s back deck. The wife said she did not need medical attention. Police contacted the 28-year-old wife and arrested her on suspicion of spousal abuse. Police cited the 29-year-old husband on suspicion of obstructing or destroying a telephone line.
• At 9:22 p.m., the alarm sounded at a business on the 100 block of Mill Street. During an argument, a woman threw something and hit the window at a neighboring business. The alarm at that business also went off. Police responded, but made no arrests.
• At 10:12 p.m., police cited a 22-year-old man on Packard Street at Brighton Street on suspicion of urinating in public.
• At 1:45 a.m., police arrested a 23-year-old woman on the 100 block of Richardson Street on suspicion of drunken driving. Police also arrested a 26-year-old man on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance.
• At 1:36 p.m., a man called from the 10000 block of Rough and Ready Highway and reported his girlfriend was “freaking out,” then the line disconnected. Deputies arrested a 36-year-old woman on suspicion of violating probation.
• At 2:06 p.m., a caller from the 12000 block of Pasquale Road reported a woman was in a front yard screaming at her boyfriend. It was an ongoing problem. The caller was seeking a temporary restraining order.
• At 2:45 a.m., a caller from Spanish Mine Road at Gaston Road reported possible arson to a vehicle. A deputy took a report for arson.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User