Police Blotter 7/4/07
• At 10:39 a.m., a caller reported a reckless driver on West Empire Street at Whiting Street. Police stopped the car, driven by a 39-year-old man who was physically impaired. Police advised the man not to drive. The passenger would drive.
• At 1:05 p.m., a person at the police station reported seeing a hit-and-run accident in front of a business on the 200 block of West Main Street. Police took the information, including a license plate number.
• At 4:07 p.m., a caller from the 700 block of Annex Avenue reported a loud stereo. Police contacted a band having practice. They would stop for the day.
• At 5:30 p.m., a caller from Elizabeth Daniels Park reported a group was getting ready to have a water fight. The caller locked the bathrooms. Police checked the area and found three people sitting on a bench. They were unable to locate the group the caller spoke of.
• At 7:40 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Castlemont Drive reported a woman was walking in front of the house yelling obscenities. It happened frequently. Police would check the area.
• At 8:23 p.m., a caller from a grocery store on the 100 block of Freeman Lane reported a 14-year-old boy was detained on suspicion of shoplifting. The grocery store manager decided not to press charges. The youth left the property.
• At 10:02 p.m., a caller from the hospital emergency room reported a man left with extensive injuries to his feet and toes. The sheriff’s office told police dispatchers the man’s name and that he was intoxicated. A caller from the 1000 block of East Main Street reported the man was at his door and confessed he was in a fight and was eluding police. Police arrested the man on suspicion of drunken driving, driving with a suspended license and violating parole.
• At 7:02 a.m., police stopped a vehicle on Neal Street at a store parking lot and arrested a 23-year-old man on suspicion of giving a false name to a police officer and on a local warrant.
• At 9:31 a.m., a woman called from the 11000 block of Wolf Road to report someone blew up a mailbox across from her house during night.
• At 3:40 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Mills Road reported a car horn had been sounding off for the previous 20 minutes. The battery was disconnected and the horn stopped.
• At 5:23 p.m., a woman called from the 16000 block of Ernest Court to report annoying phone calls from a man in San Mateo County. The man was threatening her and her unborn child. The man was demanding money from her.
• At 9:44 p.m., a caller from the 19000 block of Cerrito Road reported a man was seeking treatment for his feet because of an explosion in his workshop. The man left the emergency room on foot.
• At 5:28 p.m., a caller from Searls Avenue reported a person was outside yelling and throwing things in the front yard. Police arrested a juvenile female on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance. They also arrested a male juvenile on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance and violating probation.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User