Police blotter 7/19/07
• At 11:25 a.m., a caller from East Empire Mine at Miner’s Trail reported a noninjury accident involving a black Toyota and a white Ford. Police took a report.
• At 2:09 a.m., a caller from Kidder Cemetery reported several headstones were broken. Police contacted the caller, who wanted extra police patrol at night.
• At 2:54 p.m., a caller from Brunswick Way at Sutton Way reported the traffic lights were not working properly and traffic was backed up. Police monitored the intersection through three cycles and the lights seemed to be working fine. Public Works was notified of the report, and the agency was asked to monitor the intersection.
• At 3:18 p.m., a woman called from the 100 block of Ocean Avenue to report a man was trespassing at a residence for sale. The woman said she received calls from neighbors about it. There was no damage done. In fact, the man washed the windows and cleaned the bathroom. The caller requested extra patrol.
• At 3:54 p.m., a woman called from a business on the 1000 block of East Main Street to report a man entered the business, started trying on capes and wanted the caller to look at him. The man shut himself in the changing room when another man walked into the store. The woman believed the man wearing the capes was trying to expose himself to her. Police contacted the caller.
• At 5:08 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Neal Street reported a man was passed out on a ramp near a business, and his pants were down around his knees. Police arrested the 18-year-old man on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 7:03 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Manor Drive and reported her purse was stolen out of her vehicle last night. Police took a report.
• At 7:15 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Brighton Street reported a man hit a woman. Police arrested a 36-year-old man on suspicion of violation of probation.
• At 8:06 p.m., police performed a probation search on the 300 block of Bennett Street. Police arrested a man on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia, being under the influence of a controlled substance and violation of probation.
• At 12:12 a.m., a caller from Hughes Road and Rockwood Drive reported a dirty, balding man was lying in the road; then he got up and started walking. Police arrested the 57-year-old man on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 1:59 p.m., a woman called from the 12000 block of Mayflower Drive and reported she purchased a magazine from people, and now she thinks they want to steal her identity.
• At 2:11 p.m., a caller from a drugstore on the 1000 block of Combie Road reported a man stole a soda from a cold box. The man was sitting outside the business. Deputies arrested the man on suspicion of commercial burglary.
• At 2:40 p.m., a caller from the 12000 block of Mule Canyon Road reported a man in a Chevrolet pickup was parked on his property. Deputies arrested the man on suspicion of trespassing.
• At 3:47 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Banner Lava Cap reported a blond man just came to his door and was trying to sell magazines. Deputies checked the area and contacted the caller. No arrest was made.
• At 5:09 p.m., a woman called from the 13000 block of Hutto Road to report that her neighbor films her when she has company.
• At 5:28 p.m., a caller from the 17000 block of Lasso Loop reported a man who had been drinking locked himself in a room and was making suicidal statements. Deputies arrested the man on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 8:18 p.m., a caller from Kentucky Flats Road reported hearing screaming and shots being fired. Deputies determined two people were chasing runaway pigs.
• At 12:29 a.m., a caller from McCourtney Road and Lime Kiln Road reported a horse was blocking the roadway. The horse was put in the pasture next to the pasture where it belonged. Animal Control was notified.
• At 3:04 a.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Airport Road reported a man with long blond hair and wearing a dirty white shirt came to his front door asking for directions. Deputies located the man on the 15000 block of North Bloomfield Road in front of Diamond Arrow campground. Deputies arrested the man on suspicion of drunken driving, and his car was towed.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User