Police blotter 7/17/07
• At 12:30 p.m., a caller from a grocery store on the 100 block of Neal Street reported shoplifting. A juvenile male with a shaved head took a bottle of Jack Daniels and was last seen heading down Mill Street. Police would follow up.
• At 3:13 p.m., a caller from the 600 block of Brighton Street reported a hit and run. A man driving a white Ford Contour possibly hit a garage and a telephone pole. Police were looking for the Contour, which may have had a flat front tire and a red bandana tied around one of the side mirrors. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.
• At 7:36 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Church Street reported a woman and two men were attempting to pry open a window at a residence. Police contacted the alleged burglars and determined the woman lived at the residence and had locked her keys inside. Police arrested a 36-year-old man on suspicion of violation of probation.
• At 8:25 p.m., a woman called from a gas station on South Auburn Street to report her “ex” threatened to shoot her over a child custody issue and he followed her to the gas station. The man left and a patrol officer was advised.
• At 9:58 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Bennett Street to report her blue 1989 Honda Civic was broken into last night. The stereo and speakers were taken and it appeared the ignition had been tampered with. Police took a report for burglary.
• At 10:15 p.m., a caller from the 1000 block of Segesworth Way reported a physical fight with possible weapons involved. Police contacted a 36-year-old man in a white 2005 Chevrolet Silverado and arrested him on suspicion of drunken driving and driving with a suspended license.
• At 7:10 a.m., a caller from the 400 block of South Auburn Street reported an injured raccoon in a back yard near a flower bed. The animal was killed and Animal Control was notified.
• At 2:12 p.m., a woman called from the 10000 block of Littlejohn Lane to report she was in her driveway and two dogs would not let her out of her vehicle.
• At 2:36 p.m., a woman called from the 10000 block of Littlejohn Lane to report her gates were opened, her dogs were let loose and the front door was unlocked. She didn’t believe anything was missing, and she requested extra patrol.
• At 6:17 p.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Skaith Bend reported his marijuana was being contaminated by bleach. The caller believed his neighbor was responsible but he did not have any proof his neighbor did it.
• At 6:42 p.m., a caller from the Greenhorn area reported a person dislocated his hip during an accident on the water. A deputy took a report.
• At 9:21 p.m., a caller from Old Auburn Road reported someone driving a Chevrolet Suburban with a gold license plate tried to run him over.
• At 3:46 a.m., a caller from the 18000 block of Gopher Lane reported his sister assaulted him and he wanted an officer to contact him. An officer attempted to contact the man, but he was not at work yet. The officer would try back later.
• At 6:55 a caller from the 500 block of Main Street reported vandalism to steps and a ramp at a school. The caller believed it may have been done with chalk.
• At 12:55 a.m., a caller from the 300 block of Sacramento Street reported a drunk person was causing a disturbance. Police arrested the person on suspicion of trespassing.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User