Police blotter 7/11/07
Grass Valley Police Department
• At 8:33 a.m., a woman called from a business on the 100 block of Neal Street to report a burglary. The business’s safe was empty.
• At 11:59 a.m., a caller from Sutton Way reported an older brown Ford Escort hit a red and white truck and left the scene. The caller located the victim who said maybe karma would get the driver of the Escort, then left.
• At 4:37 p.m., an officer left a message with dispatchers regarding signs posted around town for the “house for sale.” All signs needed to be removed according to a city ordinance. The officer gave dispatchers the phone number on the signs.
• At 6:08 p.m., a woman called to report her son’s BMX bike was stolen from the 100 block of Neal Street. Police took a report for petty theft.
• At 6:47 p.m., police arrested a juvenile at the back of a school on the 200 block of South Auburn Street on suspicion of possession of stolen property and violation of probation. A second juvenile was cited on suspicion of petty theft and possession of stolen property.
• At 8:35 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Mill Street to report a man in his apartment was drunk and his music was so loud it was disturbing surrounding tenants. Police contacted the 44-year-old man and arrested him on suspicion of violating probation.
• At 7:13 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of Sutton Way reported an unlocked vehicle was entered the night before and a stereo and amplifier was stolen. Police took a report for grand theft.
• At 8:37 a.m., a caller from the 300 block of Sutton Way reported four vehicles at an apartment complex were vandalized or burglarized. Police took a report.
• At 12:18 p.m., a man at the sheriff’s front counter reported he accidentally drove onto a freshly-asphalted driveway at Ridge Road and Slate Creek Road, and a person at the residence damaged his vehicle by hitting it with his fist.
• At 5:08 p.m., a caller from Maybert Road at the Canyon Creek bridge reported 10 juveniles were swimming in drinking water.
• At 7:59 p.m., a caller from the 17000 block of Norlene Way reported receiving a letter in the mail from a credit card company denying credit to the caller’s 11-year-old daughter.
• At 9:50 p.m., a caller from the 17000 block of Alexandra Way reported a fight with a neighbor. The neighbor threatened to kill the caller’s dogs.
• At 10:30 a.m., a caller from the 23000 block of Scotts Flat Road reported a vehicle near the boat launch was burglarized.
Nevada City Police Department
• At 9:33 a.m., a caller from the 800 block of Zion Street reported pain medication and savings bonds were stolen sometime over the weekend.
• At 3:27 a.m., a caller from the 500 block of Coyote Street reported domestic violence involving a man and a woman. Police contacted the man and woman, who both denied having a fight.
• At 6:39 a.m., a caller from the hospital emergency room reported an assault on Coyote Street. Police took a report for battery.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User