Police blotter 6/9/07
• At 10:43 a.m., a caller from a business on the 500 block of Freeman Lane reported graffiti on a mailbox.
• At 11:51 a.m., a caller from a business on the 100 block of West Berryhill Drive reported a stereo was stolen. Police took a report for grand theft.
• At 12:29 p.m., police cited three people at Elizabeth Daniels Park. A 22-year-old man and a 24-year-old man were cited on suspicion of possession of less than an ounce of marijuana and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. A juvenile was cited on suspicion of possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
• At 1:13 p.m., a caller from the 500 block of East Main Street reported a man with flames tattooed on his back was stumbling into traffic. Police arrested the 41-year-old man on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 2:41 p.m., a man called from the 300 block of Pleasant Street to report he was removing his belongings from a residence and he believed a woman might call later to report the items as stolen. He requested contact should such a call come in.
• At 3:03 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Pleasant Street to report a man stole items from a residence. Police determined it was a civil issue and no burglary had occurred. Both people lived at the residence.
• At 4:26 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Lidster Avenue reported hearing four gunshots. Police checked the area extensively and were unable to locate the source of any gunshots.
• At 4:32 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Dorsey Drive reported a man was behind some bushes and he wasn’t wearing all of his clothes.
• At 4:55 p.m., a caller from Valley View Drive reported man with his gray hair in a ponytail was urinating in public.
• At 7:18 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Scotia Pines Circle reported two Pitt bulls were lose and chasing a woman and her two dogs. Animal Control was advised.
• At 10:03 p.m., a caller from Bennett Street at the old railroad property reported people were throwing eggs. Police interviewed some juveniles.
• At 7:24 a.m., a caller from Highway 49 at Christian Life Way reported a vehicle was involved in an accident with multiple deer. The CHP responded.
• At 9:13 a.m., a caller from Mill Street reported a large vehicle had hit the building and bricks were falling. Police contacted the caller.
• At 9:34 a.m., a person who lives on the 17000 block of Norlene Way reported an iPod and an adapter were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in a driveway. A deputy took a report for grand theft.
• At 10:13 a.m., a caller from Highway 49 reported a man was making gestures and was partially in and out of traffic. The CHP was notified.
• At 2:04 p.m., a caller from the 16000 block of Hillaire Road reported spousal abuse. A man called to say he would be waiting for police at the bottom of the driveway and that a woman was hitting herself in the face to make it look red and injured. Deputies arrested a 53-year-old man on suspicion of battery.
• At 7:48 p.m., a caller from Highway 49 reported two men were fist-fighting on the side of the highway just north of the Bear River bridge. Deputies were unable to locate the men.
• At 7:10 a.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Burma Road reported theft of a purse from an unlocked vehicle. A second caller from the same block reported cash was stolen out of an unlocked vehicle.
• At 7:14 p.m., a caller from the 14000 block of highway 174 reported theft of a television from an unlocked vehicle.
• At 8:10 a.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Lower Circle Drive reported several mailboxes in the area were smashed last night.
• At 10:33 a.m., a caller from the 13000 block of North Meadow View Drive reported two unlocked vehicles were entered last night. Stereos and $100 were taken.
• At 12:02 p.m., a caller from the county jail on the 900 block of Maidu Avenue reported a woman was at the bondsman release door with a dead car battery.
• At 11:23 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Bridge Street to report her home was burglarized and someone hit her in the face with a board. Police arrived and determined the woman had no injuries and no crime had occurred. The woman was extremely intoxicated and was transported to the hospital for excessive use of alcohol.
• At 10:42 a.m., a caller reported grass fire on the 15000 block of Indian Court and Spenceville Road. The fire department was notified.
• At 5:34 p.m., the fire department responded to a vegetation fire on the 12000 block of Black Road.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User