Police blotter 6/9/07
• At 10:43 a.m., a caller from a business on the 500 block of Freeman Lane reported graffiti on a mailbox.
• At 11:51 a.m., a caller from a business on the 100 block of West Berryhill Drive reported a stereo was stolen. Police took a report for grand theft.
• At 12:29 p.m., police cited three people at Elizabeth Daniels Park. A 22-year-old man and a 24-year-old man were cited on suspicion of possession of less than an ounce of marijuana and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. A juvenile was cited on suspicion of possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
• At 1:13 p.m., a caller from the 500 block of East Main Street reported a man with flames tattooed on his back was stumbling into traffic. Police arrested the 41-year-old man on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 2:41 p.m., a man called from the 300 block of Pleasant Street to report he was removing his belongings from a residence and he believed a woman might call later to report the items as stolen. He requested contact should such a call come in.
• At 3:03 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Pleasant Street to report a man stole items from a residence. Police determined it was a civil issue and no burglary had occurred. Both people lived at the residence.
• At 4:26 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Lidster Avenue reported hearing four gunshots. Police checked the area extensively and were unable to locate the source of any gunshots.
• At 4:32 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Dorsey Drive reported a man was behind some bushes and he wasn’t wearing all of his clothes.
• At 4:55 p.m., a caller from Valley View Drive reported man with his gray hair in a ponytail was urinating in public.
• At 7:18 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Scotia Pines Circle reported two Pitt bulls were lose and chasing a woman and her two dogs. Animal Control was advised.
• At 10:03 p.m., a caller from Bennett Street at the old railroad property reported people were throwing eggs. Police interviewed some juveniles.
• At 7:24 a.m., a caller from Highway 49 at Christian Life Way reported a vehicle was involved in an accident with multiple deer. The CHP responded.
• At 9:13 a.m., a caller from Mill Street reported a large vehicle had hit the building and bricks were falling. Police contacted the caller.
• At 9:34 a.m., a person who lives on the 17000 block of Norlene Way reported an iPod and an adapter were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in a driveway. A deputy took a report for grand theft.
• At 10:13 a.m., a caller from Highway 49 reported a man was making gestures and was partially in and out of traffic. The CHP was notified.
• At 2:04 p.m., a caller from the 16000 block of Hillaire Road reported spousal abuse. A man called to say he would be waiting for police at the bottom of the driveway and that a woman was hitting herself in the face to make it look red and injured. Deputies arrested a 53-year-old man on suspicion of battery.
• At 7:48 p.m., a caller from Highway 49 reported two men were fist-fighting on the side of the highway just north of the Bear River bridge. Deputies were unable to locate the men.
• At 7:10 a.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Burma Road reported theft of a purse from an unlocked vehicle. A second caller from the same block reported cash was stolen out of an unlocked vehicle.
• At 7:14 p.m., a caller from the 14000 block of highway 174 reported theft of a television from an unlocked vehicle.
• At 8:10 a.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Lower Circle Drive reported several mailboxes in the area were smashed last night.
• At 10:33 a.m., a caller from the 13000 block of North Meadow View Drive reported two unlocked vehicles were entered last night. Stereos and $100 were taken.
• At 12:02 p.m., a caller from the county jail on the 900 block of Maidu Avenue reported a woman was at the bondsman release door with a dead car battery.
• At 11:23 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Bridge Street to report her home was burglarized and someone hit her in the face with a board. Police arrived and determined the woman had no injuries and no crime had occurred. The woman was extremely intoxicated and was transported to the hospital for excessive use of alcohol.
• At 10:42 a.m., a caller reported grass fire on the 15000 block of Indian Court and Spenceville Road. The fire department was notified.
• At 5:34 p.m., the fire department responded to a vegetation fire on the 12000 block of Black Road.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.