Police blotter 6/8/07
• At 11:25 a.m., a caller from a convalescent home on the 100 block of Dorsey Drive reported items were stolen from a patient. Police would follow up.
• At 12:08 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Idaho-Maryland Road reported an accident involving a motorcycle. The fire department was advised. Police took a report.
• At 1:24 p.m., a woman called from the 600 block of Walsh Street to report her husband just assaulted her. Police contacted the 34-year-old man and arrested him on suspicion of false imprisonment and spousal battery.
• At 3:05 p.m., a caller from a business on the 100 block of Neal Street reported a woman asked a customer to run her over, then she started crying.
• At 6:23 p.m., a caller from a business on the 100 block of Neal Street reported a man wanted to use the bathroom and he was denied. He said he would urinate on the building, then he left.
• At 6:58 p.m., a caller from the 600 block of Linden off of Alta Street reported a water main broke under the cement. Water was flowing up through a 10-15-foot break in the asphalt. The public works department would investigate. They shut off the water for about four hours.
• At 7:13 p.m., a caller from a bar on the 100 block of Mill Street reported a man hit a woman. Police checked the area for the man and were unable to locate him. Police took a report and located him about an hour later on Main Street and cited him for battery. He was also arrested for a warrant from outside the county.
• At 12 a.m., a dispatcher for a taxi service reported a driver was having problems with his passenger on Mill Street. Police contacted a 44-year-old woman and arrested her on suspicion of public drunkenness and possession of a controlled substance.
• At 1:24 a.m., a caller from a drug store on the 1000 block of Sutton Way reported three teens stole liquor. Police were unable to locate the juveniles and would follow up with the drugstore today.
• At 3:50 a.m., a caller from Race Street reported a man on his back on a front lawn. Police arrested the 26-year-old man on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 12:54 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Quincy Lane reported a juvenile answered an ad for a work opportunity in the newspaper and received a check in the mail for $4,000. The juvenile was asked to send money back to the person. No money was sent; the caller said the check bounced. A deputy contacted the caller.
• At 5:18 p.m., a caller from Thiel Way reported a large teen or young adult in a white furry suit jumped out of the brush at her when she drove by. Deputies were unable to locate the person in the furry suit.
• At 6:42 p.m., a caller from North Bloomfield Road and Lake Vera Road reported several goats were in the roadway.
• At 10:03 p.m., a caller from a youth center on the 10000 block of Comerate Road reported a juvenile ran away. Law enforcement was advised to be on the lookout for the teen.
• At 12:25 a.m., a caller from Lower Colfax Road reported people were sleeping in a light-colored van on the side of the road. Deputies determined there was no crime.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User