Police blotter 6/5/07
• At 3:29 a.m., a caller from the Dorsey Drive overpass reported a woman estimated at less than 40 years old was wearing a hospital gown and walking on crutches toward East Main Street. Police contacted the woman. She was not a hospital patient.
• At 3:12 p.m., a man called from a grocery store on the 100 block of Neal Street to report a man tried to fight him, then left with two Cokes. Police stopped the 49-year-old man and cited him on suspicion of shoplifting.
• At 7:53 p.m., police stopped a vehicle on South Auburn Street in front of a convenience store and arrested a 22-year-old man for warrants.
• At 8:31 p.m., police contacted a group of juveniles who appeared to have been drinking in a green Toyota pickup. Police arrested a 24-year-old man on suspicion of drunken driving, possession of a controlled substance and violation of probation.
• At 8:48 p.m., a caller from a bar on East Main Street reported a juvenile was serving alcohol. Police contacted the bartender, who was over 21.
• At 2:51 a.m., police arrested a 44-year-old man on East Main Street and Richardson Street on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 7:25 a.m., a woman called from the 200 block of Catherine Lane to report her husband was causing a disturbance in the middle of the street with no shirt on. Police transported the man to the hospital for a voluntary mental health evaluation.
• At 8:16 a.m., a woman called from a business on the 200 block of East Main Street to report two rocks had been thrown through her window. Police took a report for vandalism.
• At 3:06 a.m., a man called from the 11000 block of Banner Lava Cap to report a woman yelled for another neighbor to “shut up the dogs” then he heard three shots. He was worried someone shot the dogs. Deputies responded and determined an animal had gotten into the trash at the water treatment plant.
• At 12:40 p.m., a caller from the 12000 block of Loma Rica Drive reported a neighbor who was angry over noise started yelling and cocked a gun. A deputy took a report for brandishing a weapon.
• At 1:08 p.m., a caller from the fairgrounds on the 11000 block of McCourtney Road reported a blonde woman in her 30s in a tan Ford four-door car caused a fight with the camp host and acted as if she was going to run the camp host over.
• At 2:18 p.m., a caller from Stagecoach Way reported one of 10 juveniles in a truck were shooting at a motorcycle. The CHP contacted everyone involved. The juveniles were advised not to play with an airsoft pistol.
• At 3:51 p.m., a man called from the 10000 block of Sky View Drive to report someone kicked him and refused to let him look at boundary lines on the property. The man was investigating the property for a client.
• At 7:40 p.m., a caller from the 12000 block of Elnora Drive reported her mailbox at the corner of Indian Springs Road and Elnora Drive was broken into and her bank statement was stolen. Someone tried to make a purchase on the Internet with her credit card, but the card was canceled before the transaction went through.
• At 7:27 a.m., a woman called from the 15000 block of Annie Drive to report valve systems on both her vehicles had been taken and her tires were flattened.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User