Police Blotter 6/26/07
• At 8:59 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of Joerschke Drive reported a deer was in an apartment complex playground.
• At 12:38 p.m., police arrested an 18-year-old man at a grocery store on the 100 block of Neal Street on suspicion of shoplifting, battery and a warrant.
• At 2:59 p.m., a caller from the 1000 block of East Main Street reported an older man with a beard was at a table crying and he was refusing to leave. Police advised the man to leave.
• At 6:59 p.m., a caller from an ice cream parlor on McKnight Way reported a woman was very drunk and almost fell over trying to exit the store. She was sitting behind the wheel of a red four-door sedan. Police contacted the woman and, a sober friend would give her a ride home.
• At 7:53 p.m., a man called from the 100 block of Kathleen Way to report he was being harassed by his neighbors because his sprinklers accidentally got their vehicle wet. They were outside yelling and swearing, and there were children around. Police contacted the caller.
• At 2:03 a.m., an officer stopped to talk with four people in their underwear at a gas station on South Auburn Street. The people had been four-wheeling and stopped to wash their vehicle and their clothes.
• At 8:01 a.m., a caller from a business on Railroad Avenue reported a bat had been clinging to a wall since last night.
• At 1:51 a.m., a caller from the 29000 block of Highway 49 reported 20 people were fighting in a North San Juan bar. The caller hung up, called back a second time, cussed at the dispatcher, then hung up again.
• At 12:31 p.m., a caller from the 14000 block of Holldale Road reported a man had a gun tucked in the front of his pants with his shirt pulled over it. He was with a woman and a pit bull. They were starting a fight at a house behind the caller’s. Officers advised everyone to stay away from each other.
• At 8:53 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Sunset Hill Road reported a residence was vandalized.
• At 9:01 p.m., a caller from Clay Street reported a loud explosion in the area. Another caller reported hearing a possible gunshot and someone screaming. Officer checked the area and were unable to find the cause.
• At 11:54 p.m., a man called from North Meadow View Drive to report his wife was trying to take his vehicle and he was on the hood trying to stop her. The CHP contacted the man and took a report. Law enforcement was on the lookout for the woman.
• At 1:45 a.m., a caller from El Dorado County requested help with evacuations for a large wildfire. Sheriff’s deputies were prepared to respond, but the units were canceled. The caller had sufficient help.
Nevada CityPolice Department
• At 4:49 a.m., a caller from the 300 block of Sacramento Street reported a person was trespassing. Deputies arrested the person on suspicion of trespassing and resisting arrest.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User