Police Blotter 6/23/07
• At 2:27 p.m., a caller from East Main Street and Idaho Maryland reported a small red vehicle and a white sedan had an accident and were blocking at least one lane. There were no injuries.
• At 7:39 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Henderson Street reported 20 men selling food out of their vehicles.
• At 8:50 p.m., a caller from a gas station on Brunswick Road reported a woman being assaulted by a man in a silver 4×4 Dodge Packard. He was possibly intoxicated and was seen dragging the woman out of her vehicle and then chasing the victim away from the scene. He was last seen heading toward Nevada City on Nevada City Highway.
• At 11:58 p.m., a caller from Oak Street reported that his neighbors’ car alarm was going off and that this is a continual nightly problem.
• At 8:47 a.m., a caller from a Glenbrook Basin apartment reported a man inside the building who was making threats toward employees.
• At 9:41 a.m., a woman from the 15000 block of Lewis Road reported she was receiving text messages from an unknown person, saying she was “being watched.”
• At 11:07 a.m., officers were on the lookout for a 28-year-old man driving a four-door 1992 silver BMW 325M. He was last seen on Alta Street at Alta Hill Mine Road at 9:51 a.m. driving toward West Main Street. The man was suspected of kidnapping, reckless driving, resisting arrest and violating a restraining order for assault or battery upon spouse.
• At 3:53 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Nimrod Street reported a suspicious man who was sitting above the pool area filming children.
• At 6:07 p.m., there were multiple calls from Highway 49 reporting a person swinging a board at cars on the side of the roadway.
• At 8:19 p.m., a caller from Wild Canary reported that she heard multiple gunshots in the area from more than one type of gun.
• At 2:26 a.m., a caller from the 14000 block of Feather reported a large fire in the area. The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection responded, and no further assistance was required.
• At 7:42 p.m., officers booked a 19-year-old man into Wayne Brown Correctional Facility on suspicion of child endangerment, possession of 28.5 grams of marijuana and being a minor in possession of alcohol.
– Lindsey Croft
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User