Police blotter 6/21/07
• 12:56 p.m., an officer arrested a 46-year-old man at Memorial Park on suspicion of public drunkenness. Police also arrested a 49-year-old woman on suspicion of violation of probation.
• At 1:07 p.m., a caller from a grocery store on the 600 block of Sutton Way reported shoplifting. The caller saw people stealing items and confronted them at their vehicle. The caller took the items and told them to come back inside. They said they would but instead took off in their vehicle. No arrests were made.
• At 3:00 p.m., a caller from a gas station on Hughes Road reported that a Ford Taurus hit a pedestrian. Police took a report for a serious injury.
At 5:16 p.m., police cited an 18-year-old man and a 29-year-old man at Memorial Park on suspicion of less than an ounce of marijuana.
At 6:49 p.m., a caller from a business on the 100 block of Neal Street reported loiterers. The police were unable to locate the loiterers.
At 8:07 p.m., a caller reported his white, four-door Honda Accord was stolen from a parking lot on South Church Street. Police contacted the caller, took a report and alerted local law enforcement to be on the look out.
• At 9:24 p.m., Truckee police alerted law enforcement to be on the look out for a heavy set man with a gold front tooth, who stole $100 and was last seen westbound on Highway 80.
• At 2:28 a.m., an officer stopped a vehicle on Mill Street and arrested a 29-year-old woman on suspicion of drunken driving.
• At 9:22 a.m., A woman called from the 14000 block of Magnolia Road and reported that her husband was on his way to Carson City yesterday morning but never arrived. He is a diabetic with some dementia. Three hours later the woman called back and said that her husband had an accident and was located in Colfax. A friend picked him up.
• At 9:29 a.m., a man called from the 13000 block from La Barr Meadows Road to report that people had been squatting on his property for about a month. He said they’ve been asked to leave several times and they refused.
• At 3:26 p.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Greenhorn Access Road reported that his ex-girlfriend was calling the campground manager and telling the manager that he is a child molester. Officers contacted the caller and he was referred to the courts for a temporary restraining order and a slander complaint.
• At 5:39 p.m., a caller from Greenhorn Road reported that a scruffy, drunk man, with gray hair, in pajama charger pants, asked the caller to “Call the cops because he was ready to party.” The man was driving a blue Silverado truck.
• At 5:53 p.m., a caller from Greenhorn Road reported a man in a black Honda stopped his vehicle, got out, walked to a green van, and punched the driver. Then both vehicles sped up Greenhorn Road. The CHP was advised. No arrests were made.
• At 8:38 a.m., a caller from the 11000 block on Lakeshore South reported that a woman was in the street screaming. An officer determined there was a verbal argument. No arrests were made.
– Lindsey Croft
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User