Police blotter 6/20/07
• At 10:34 a.m., a person went to the police station and wanted to speak with an officer about something occurring in different areas around the city. The person was very upset and was having trouble verbalizing.
• At 1:45 p.m., a man called from the 1000 block of Laurel Lane to report a juvenile was shooting a pellet gun at him. Police contacted the youth, who lives on the 200 block of Dorsey Drive. His grandparents said he would not be shooting anymore.
• At 5:24 p.m., a woman called from the 50 block of Candy Lane reported people were trying to get into a residence. She would sign a complaint.
• At 6:43 p.m., a man called from the 50 block of Candy Lane to report more problems. A woman would leave the residence for the night. No arrests were made.
• At 8:49 p.m., a caller from a business on Nevada City Highway reported five juveniles took alcohol and refused to put it back when they were confronted. Police checked the area, and the juveniles were gone.
• At 8:50 p.m., people went to the police station to report a woman in her 40s approached them in Memorial Park and told them she thought they were doing drugs and that they had a gun. The people denied her accusations, and the woman said she had a gun and “took care of people like them.” The woman was driving a brown Ford Focus. Police checked the area, but were unable to locate the woman.
• At 2:57 a.m., police arrested a 20-year-old man on Dorsey Drive at Sutton Way on suspicion of resisting arrest and violating probation.
• At 8:06 a.m., a caller from the 50 block of Candy Lane reported a purse was stolen.
• At 8:41 a.m., a woman called from the 500 block of Maryland Drive reported a man who died in Hawaii left items at her home. His girlfriend had been calling to ask about the items in a threatening manner. The woman wanted an officer to contact her.
Nevada CountySheriff’s Office
• At 1:23 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Karen Court reported guns were stolen some time within the last two weeks. A deputy contacted the caller and took a report.
• At 2:09 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Hutto Road reported someone was stealing rocks off of his road.
• At 2:47 p.m., a caller from Marin County reported a white Jeep Cherokee had been parked at the airport in Novato for two weeks. The owner lives on the 14000 block of McCourtney Road. A deputy went to the house and no one was home. The deputy left a card and a note for someone to call back.
• At 4:18 p.m., a woman reported she was assaulted the day before at the Bluegrass Festival at the Nevada County fairgrounds on the 11000 block of McCourtney Road. A deputy took a report for battery of a spouse or cohabitant.
• At 7:36 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Lakeshore North reported a person was fishing with an invalid license. There was also possibly an Immigration and Naturalization Service issue and a large language barrier. A deputy contacted the caller and would contact Homeland Security.
• At 9:01 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Broken Oak Court reported theft of prescription medications. A deputy contacted the caller, and there was no evidence of a crime.
• At 11:29 p.m., a caller from a parking lot off of Highway 49 at the Yuba River reported a car was just burglarized. A deputy took a report.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User