Police blotter 6/14/07
• At 10:37 a.m., a woman called from the 200 block of Washington Street to report a man was beating a small white poodle. She asked him to stop, but he wouldn’t listen to her. Animal Control was advised.
• At 3:01 p.m., a caller from a business on the 2000 block of Nevada City Highway reported an elderly, obnoxious customer was refusing to leave and demanding money. The customer left before police arrived.
• At 3:54 p.m., a man called from a business on the 500 block of Sutton Way to report he has a Pepsi machine and he couldn’t find the owner. He wanted to get rid of it. Dispatchers advised the man to call Pepsi Co.
• At 4:39 p.m., a caller from a business on the 100 block of Neal Street reported loiterers. An officer advised them to move along.
• At 6:44 p.m., a caller from a grocery store parking lot on the 100 block of Neal Street reported a backpack was stolen out of a vehicle in the parking lot. The backpack contained a Social Security check and possibly a checkbook. An officer took a report for petty theft.
• At 11:06 p.m., a man called from the 600 block of Walsh Street to report he just came home and he didn’t know where his wife and children were. Dispatchers determined there was an emergency protective order in place. The man was violating the order by being at the residence.
• At 11:16 p.m., two callers from the 100 block of Scotia Pines Circle reported hearing gunshots. Police were unable to locate the source.
• At 8:06 a.m., a caller from the 1000 block of East Main Street reported a heavy-set woman in a short dark dress was jumping up and down, screaming and vandalizing trailers. The woman left on a bus.
• At 12:45 p.m., a caller from Maben Road reported a person was wandering down the roadway yelling at himself and scaring neighbors. A deputy contacted the person, who was looking for water.
• At 2:28 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of La Barr Meadows Road reported a bad check for more than $7,000 was written for services rendered. A deputy took a report for a bad check.
• At 5:02 p.m., a man called from the 16000 block of You Bet Road to report he returned home to find his door had been kicked in.
• At 7:45 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Ridge Road reported pepper spray, a stun gun and money were taken from her vehicle.
• At 10:25 p.m., a man called from the 12000 block of Woodside Lane to report threats made to him and his religious affiliates. He wanted extra police patrol.
• At 1:21 a.m., Lake of the Pines security requested deputies help with multiple juveniles at the Lakeshore North clubhouse. Deputies arrested an 18-year-old man on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 5:54 a.m., a woman called from the 19000 block of John Born Road to report two horses were running in the roadway with the owner chasing after them on foot.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.