Police blotter 6/10/07
• At 11:40 a.m., the Grass Valley Police Department issued a be-on-the-lookout for a stolen white Dodge Caravan. The keys had been stolen either from a residence or left inside the minivan.
• At 1:37 p.m., a caller from the 600 block of Hughes Road reported that a neighbor was growing 12 marijuana plants.
• At 6:14 p.m, a caller from Ridge Road near Carey Drive reported that a green chevy painted with purple flames had run into a fence and the car was now parked with a flat tire. The caller suspected the driver was under the influence.
• At 7:59 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Sutton Way reported that a juvenile was shooting at her son wth an Airsoft gun.
• At 10:37 p.m., a caller reported that there was a loud party going on nearby and fireworks were being shot off.
• At 11:06 p.m, a caller reported that she had been in the Kidder cemetary and heard a sound as if someone was pounding on a headstone with a hammer. Officers made contact with a resident on Maryland Drive who was splitting wood.
• At 5:28 a.m., a caller from the 1000 block of East Main Street reported that a deer had impaled itself on a fence.
• At 9:09 a.m., a caller from the 13000 block of North Meadow View Drive reported that someone broke into her car the night before and stolen her insurance card and registration.
• At 9:25 a.m., a caller from the 14000 block of Norwegian Court reported that someone had stolen cash from a wallet left inside an unlocked car.
• At 10:04 a.m., a caller from the 14000 block of Highway 174 reported that a headlamp had been stolen from an unlocked vehicle.
• At 10:33 a.m., a caller from the 14000 block of North Meadow View Drive reported that stereos and cash had been stolen from two unlocked cars.
• At 1:23 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Lode Line Way reported the theft of a security camera.
• At 7:05 p.m., a caller from the 16000 block of Mount Olive Road reported finding a live hand grenade with a safety pin intact while digging for worms. A bomb squad destroyed the device.
• At 2:58 a.m, a caller from David Way reported that three people were on top of the water tower behind her house.
• At 8:37 a.m., a caller from Highway 49 near Streeter Road reported that a man was sitting on the side of the road yelling at himself and causing a disturbance for motorists.
• At 1:04 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of Commercial Street reported hearing loud music.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User