Police blotter 5/27/07
• At 4:47 p.m., a caller from Highway 49 near Dorsey Drive reported seeing a suspicious burlap sack near the road that looked full and might have been moving. Police referred the case to the CHP.
• At 6:44 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Valley View Drive reported finding hypodermic needles in the trash and requested extra patrol for possible drug activity in the area.
• At 7:29 p.m., a caller from Southbound Highway 49 near Highway 20 reported that someone had nearly been hit in the middle of the roadway while trying to pick up loose papers.
• At 10:27 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Mill Street reported that a man was threatening a fight. Officers arrested a 44 year-old Nevada City man on suspicion of being drunk in public.
• At 2:19 a.m., a caller from the 1000 block of East Main Street reported that a man without a shirt was in the middle of the road on his hands and knees, bleeding badly. Officers took the man to the hospital and, in connection, arrested a 45 year-old man on suspicion of assault.
• At 2:42 a.m., a caller from the 300 block of South Church Street reported that two men tried to break into her father’s car parked on the street.
• At 9:56 a.m., a caller from Auburn Road reported that a mailbox had been vandalized. A deputy responded, and found more mailboxes damaged on the road and a large amount of mail dumped on Pingree Road about 100 yards from Highway 49. Similar crimes occurred on May 18 in the areas of Wolf Meadows Road Duggans Road.
• At 10:22 a.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Pleasant Valley Road reported that a bag with about 100 pills had been found in the bushes by a handyman.
• At 2:54 p.m., a caller from the 16000 block of Thiel Way reported that an unlocked vehicle had been ransacked during the night, and that loose change had possibly been stolen.
• At 9:07 a.m., a caller from the 12000 block of Hill Top Terrace reported hearing three gun shots fired about five seconds apart. Deputies made contact with a neighbor, who said he’d fired shots from a pistol to scare off a bear in his yard. Deputies advised the man that he had illegally discharged a weapon too close to an inhabited dwelling.
• At 11:28 a.m., a caller from the 20000 block of Helm Court reported that his neighbor was cutting down his fence. Deputies made contact with both parties, and advised them to take their issue to civil court.
• At 2:17 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of High Street reported vandalism to his car window. Officers arrested two 22 year-old Nevada City men on suspicion of vandalism.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User