Police blotter 5/26/07
• At 8:14 a.m., a caller from the 600 block of Brighton Street reported more items missing from a possible burglary the night before.
• At 1:53 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Church Street reported a possible assault at the Hospitality House.
• At 8:09 p.m., a caller from East Main Street reported a suspicious subject who backed into an empty field and then dumped trash into the vacant lot.
• At 8:52 p.m., a man from the 500 block of Whiting Street reported that his mother came and took his vehicle.
• At 9:58 p.m., a caller from Memorial Park reported a possible transient living near the pool and that the recycling containers were found with broken latches.
• At 11:26 p.m., a caller from the 800 block of Morgan Ranch Drive reported hearing what sounded like two rapidly fired gun shots.
• At 11:46 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Scotia Pines reported a vehicle ran into a house and the driver took off on foot. The subject is believed to be heavily under the influence and may be carrying weapons.
• At 1:38 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of Berryhill Drive reported a loud party and bottles were thrown out the window.
•At 5:58 a.m., a woman from the 500 block of Butler Street reported a number of car break-ins in the area over the past few days. The woman reported that it happened two days ago to her roommate. The woman said there was no property loss and made a request for extra patrols.
• At 7:28 a.m., caller from the Nevada City Highway reported a black Honda Civic parked in a grocery store parking lot and believed it was the same vehicle involved in the shooting of a cow on Mooney Flat Road earlier in the week. The caller said the subjects driving vehicle had guns in the back.
Nevada CountySheriff’s Office
• At 8:37 a.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Big Dog Road reported the theft of clothing, a computer and work tools taken from a trailer.
• At 1:05 p.m., a caller from Spenceville Road stated there were 11 bags of garbage in the roadway causing a hazard.
• At 1:17 p.m., a woman from the 11000 block of Lone Lobo Trail reported a subject had advised her that they had found some of her property out by the county landfill and that her residence had recently been burglarized.
• At 2:45 p.m., a man from Old White Toll Road reported two large pit bull dogs had attacked his two Jack Russells. One of the dogs was injured.
• At 9:01 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Broken Oak Court stated she was in a wheelchair and locked in the kitchen by her caregiver. The patient was transported to the Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital’s emergency room.
• At 1:55 a.m., a caller from Purdon’s Crossing reported finding women’s clothing, shoes and a bloodied blanket.
• At 4:37 a.m., a caller from Allen Lane reported hearing a woman screaming and was awoken from sleep from the sounds that occurred eight or nine times.
• At 9:56 a.m., a caller from Auburn Road reported mailbox damage on Auburn Road, Godfrey, Bixler Place, Wolf Meadows, Cameo and Duggans Road.
• At 10:22 a.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Pleasant Valley Road reported a bag of approximately 100 pills found in the bushes by a handyman.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User