Police blotter 5/25/07
• At 11:06 a.m., a caller reported a beige van on Bennett at East Main streets was blocking the road. The van’s keys were inside the vehicle. Police had the van towed.
• At 11:30 a.m., police arrested a 44-year-old man at a restaurant parking lot on East Main Street on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 4:11 p.m., a woman reported her mother, who lives on the 100 block of Eureka Street, received a scam call from a person advising being with Medicare and they were giving money to elderly people in the area. The caller had her mother’s social security number, and asked for her bank account number, which she did not provide.
• At 3:17 a.m., a caller from the hospital emergency room on the 100 block of Glasson Way reported three women and one man dropped off a person who had overdosed on drugs. Police contacted everyone involved and determined no crime had been committed.
• At 8:14 a.m., a caller from a church on the 600 block of Brighton Street reported things were missing from a burglary that had been reported the previous night. Police took a report for burglary.
• At 12:11 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Long Valley Road reported a residential burglary that happened sometime in the previous three hours. A deputy took a report for burglary.
• At 2:55 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of South Ponderosa Way reported a residential burglary sometime since May 21. A deputy took a report for vandalism and burglary.
• At 3:35 p.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Hidden Ridge Court reported a residential burglary occurred sometime Wednesday. A deputy took a report for vandalism and burglary.
• At 4:43 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Lone Lobo Road reported a burglary occurred sometime Wednesday. Two digital cameras were stolen. A deputy took a report.
• At 5:01 p.m., a man from the 19000 block of Siesta Drive reported a man wanted to purchase methamphetamine and the caller refused him. The man reportedly hit him in the face and sprayed him with mace. The caller said a man put a breaker bar up against his stomach and threatened to push it through. An ambulance responded and no arrests were made.
• At 6:53 p.m., a woman called from the 21000 block of Oakridge Drive to report a neighbor lurks around the bushes and tries to scare her. He talks about having lights all over his body and he said he wanted to “find” a woman. He seemed to have a mental condition.
• At 8:21 p.m., a caller reported his vehicle was broken into at Purdon Crossing.
• At 9:21 p.m., a woman called from the 13000 block of Mooney Flat Road to report catching juveniles who shot her cow. Deputies took a report for cruelty to animals.
• At 7:29 a.m., the California Highway Patrol advised of a dead cow stuck in a fence at Mooney Flat Road and Pleasant Valley Road.
• At 8:42 a.m., a woman called from a store on the 10000 block of Combie Road to report she was in the store earlier and saw a man buying shotgun shells and making strange comments about shooting snakes and being pulled over by the cops this morning. She said he was acting very weird. The man drove away in a black four-door vehicle with spotlights on the front. He drove to the back of the store and parked again. Deputies checked the area and were unable to locate the vehicle.
• At 9:52 a.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Low Hills Road reported a person was spotlighting the caller’s construction site at about 2:30 a.m.
• At 11:54 a.m., a caller from the 300 block of Broad Street reported the ongoing theft of delivered bread.
• At 2:31 p.m., a caller from the 500 block of Searls Avenue reported someone smashed out the back window of his car.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User