Police blotter 5/23/07
• At 2:33 p.m., a caller from Sierra College Drive at the roundabout reported having trouble with school kids running over cones.
• At 3:22 p.m., a caller from Memorial Park reported people were being loud and possibly fighting. Police contacted a 49-year-old woman and arrested her on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 5:17 p.m., a caller from a business on the 600 block of South Auburn Street reported a white flatbed bumper-pull trailer was stolen. Police took a report for a stolen vehicle.
• At 9:43 p.m., police assisted a woman on the 2000 block of Ridge Road. She had locked herself out of her home.
• At 1:48 a.m., a caller from the 400 block of Bennett Street reported transients were inside what appeared to be a condemned trailer. Police contacted a 50-year-old man and arrested him on suspicion of violation of probation.
• At 2:18 a.m., a caller from the hospital emergency room reported an nonresponsive woman was dropped off by a man wearing a red hat with devil ears. Police contacted a 46-year-old man and arrested him on suspicion of drunken driving. A gold Nissan Maxima was towed.
• At 9:28 a.m., police arrested a 50-year-old man at Memorial Park on suspicion of violating probation.
• At 12:02 p.m., a caller from Highway 49 at Streeter Road reported a man was jumping in and out of traffic. The California Highway Patrol was notified.
• At 12:34 p.m., a caller from a business on the 10000 block of Combie Road reported someone tried to break in. The locks had glue poured into them and a sign was missing.
• At 1:40 p.m., a woman called 911 from a pay telephone at a gas station on the 16000 block of Penn Valley Drive to talk to a deputy. The woman was advised to call the nonemergency number, but she said she could not afford the 50 cents. Deputies contacted the woman and advised her not to use 911 for a taxi service. The woman had a bike and was advised to move on.
• At 2:51 p.m., a caller from the 18000 block of Highway 49 reported theft of mail.
• At 4:15 p.m., a caller from Highway 49 at Smith Road reported a juvenile with a machete was on the side of the road attacking bushes. Deputies were unable to locate the juvenile.
• At 7:38 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Nevada City Highway reported a drunken man was inside a business bleeding from the head. Deputies arrested the man on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 8:54 p.m., a caller from a preschool on the 11000 block of Combie Road reported vandalism. Someone was defecating on the porch and starting fires on the property.
• At 9:20 p.m., a woman called from the 19000 block of Tall Timbers Lane to report a person was outside her residence. She had heard him running about a minute earlier. Deputies responded and located two bears up a tree. The property was secure.
• At 8:12 a.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Cole Way reported finding a backpack with beer inside.
• At 9:18 a.m., a caller from the 300 block of Railroad Avenue reported a homeless person slept in a doorway the previous night and left behind a blanket and a pile of human excrement. Dispatchers advised the caller to contact the janitor to dispose of the excrement. Extra patrol was requested.
• At 4:27 p.m., a caller from Highway 49 reported a vehicle fire. The fire department responded and extinguished the fire.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User