Police blotter 5/17/07
• At 2:53 p.m., a caller from Memorial Park reported a hose was stolen from the ball park.
• At 7:02 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Washington Street reported hearing a gunshot behind the residence, possibly from a .357 Magnum. The caller’s neighbor also heard the shot. Police checked the area extensively and were unable to locate the source of the gunshot.
• At 1:29 a.m., a man in the police station lobby reported he was assaulted in a bar in downtown Grass Valley. The man later returned and broke a window. Police arrested a 29-year-old man on suspicion of vandalism.
• At 3:05 a.m., a caller from a drug store on the 1000 block of Sutton Way reported a man with a mohawk was walking in and out. Police contacted the 30-year-old man and arrested him on suspicion of possessing drug paraphernalia.
• At 9:09 a.m., a caller from Idaho-Maryland Road and East Main Street reported a noninjury car accident.
• At 11 a.m., a caller from the 23000 block of Shadow Drive reported theft of mail.
• At 11:42 a.m., a caller from the 12000 block of Elm Court reported theft of mail the previous afternoon.
• At 4:30 p.m., a caller from an agency on Cattle Drive reported a man called and threatened an employee. Deputies contacted the man. He was sleeping and his roommates would keep an eye on him.
• At 5:35 p.m., a woman called from the 17000 block of Lake Forest Drive to report her husband was disturbing the peace, and she had a restraining order against him. The man went into the backyard and into the Nevada Irrigation District ditch. He briefly returned to get his cigarettes, then ran back up the hill. Deputies took a report for vandalism, battery and violation of a court order. They were unable to locate the man. The woman said she invited him onto the property because she was having problems with a juvenile. Deputies advised her not to allow the man on the property and to call 911 if he returned.
• At 5:49 p.m., a caller from Edwards Drive reported a girl was on the hood of a car full of teenagers. She was holding on to the wiper blades. A patrol deputy was advised.
• At 7:09 p.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Country Heights Drive reported a home had been burglarized. A laptop was missing.
• At 8:27 p.m., a woman called from the 11000 block of Lakeshore North to report a man threatened to kill her and his wife. A deputy took a report.
• At 11:10 p.m., a man called from the 16000 block of Auburn Road to report trespassers on his property were throwing beer bottles on the ground. Two cars were parked in his yard. The man said he had a vehicle pinned with his truck. Deputies arrived and both vehicles were towed at the owners’ expense.
• At 2:47 a.m., a woman from the 15000 block of Dog Bar Road reported hearing a traffic accident and men yelling profanities. She heard the sound of multiple flat tires. Deputies located an unoccupied vehicle.
• At 6:15 a.m., a caller from the 29000 block of Highway 49 reported a neighbor threatened to burn the caller’s house down. The caller was advised to notify the property owner.
• At 12:48 a.m., a caller from Bohemia Hill reported a fire glow. The fire was located on the 12000 block of East Bennett Street. It was an out-of-control debris pile. The fire department extinguished the fire.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User