Police blotter 4/9/07
• At 3:46 p.m., a caller from a business on the 100 block of E. Main Street reported that two men had been shoplifting in the store.
• At 9:18 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Lamarque Street reported that a neighbor’s dog had been barking for half an hour. The caller had already spoken to the neighbors, but they had not quieted the dog.
• At 10:50 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Sutton Way reported seeing a camper back in the woods who might have been burning candles.
• At 11:15 p.m., a caller from Highway 20 near the Brunswick exit reported a that gray Toyota with flashing headlights and a siren was trying to get other drivers to stop. The caller did not see a light bar across the top of the car and assumed it was not an official vehicle.
• At 1:47 a.m., a caller from Race Street reported that a man with blonde hair and a green jacket had shot a pellet gun at a car.
• At 7:50 a.m., a business on the 100 block of Catherine Lane reported a broken window, possibly caused by a thrown rock.
• At 8:15 a.m., a school on the 400 block of South Church Street reported that the campus had been spray painted.
• At 12:40 p.m., a caller from a parking lot near the intersection of Brunswick Road and Sutton Way reported that a 20 year-old man driving a silver Honda was trying to sell medication for gas money.
• At 3:25 p.m., a caller from the intersection of Nevel and Wiley Streets reported that a woman was blowing a whistle to make the neighborhood dogs bark, and then yelling at them.
• At 8:32 p.m., a caller from a business on the 200 block of McKnight Way reported that a man wearing sunglasses and a green sweatshirt and carrying a flute and a notepad had been making weird faces at her and had followed her outside.
• At 11:51 a.m., deputies arrested a 28-year-old Nevada City man on suspicion of child endangerment and sexual penetration with a foreign object. They also revoked his probation.
• At 4:08 p.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Stagecoach Way reported that her neighbor, a butcher, has placed two steer heads in view of her residence.
• At 6:42 p.m., a caller from Bennett Street reported that a man on the camp trail just past the bus barn has threatened to kill a woman and that the man had knives and axes at the camp. The victim was transported to the emergency room by ambulance. Deputies arrested a 34-year-old Grass Valley man on suspicion of inflicting corporal injury on a spouse or cohabitant.
• At 11:43 a.m., a caller from the 10000 block of S. Ponderosa Way reported that her neighbor was threatening to burn her house down.
• At 1:28 p.m., a caller from the 12000 block of Myrna Drive reported that a log splitter had been stolen.
• At 3:53 p.m., a woman from the 18000 block of Penn Valley Drive reported that a man had offered drugs to her children while they were at a park. When the woman told the man to get away from her car, the man threatened her and her children.
• At 6:35 p.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Taylor Crossing Road reported that a transient had moved his things into the bushes near her residence. At 6:48 p.m., the caller reported that after the transient told her he was going down to the river to get his shoes, she heard a gunshot. When the man didn’t return, she feared that he had committed suicide.
• At 12:23 a.m., a caller from the 500 block of Main Street reported that a possible prowler was at the vacant house next door.
– Jill Bauerle
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User