Police blotter 4/5/07
• At 12:20 p.m., police cited a 19-year-old woman at a grocery store on Freeman Lane on suspicion of shoplifting.
• At 12:36 p.m., police arrested a 46-year-old man on South Auburn Street on suspicion of public drunkenness and violation of probation.
• At 1:25 p.m., a man reported someone threw a coke can at him in front of a business on Dorsey Drive.
• At 2:16 p.m., a caller reported a garbage truck dumped its load on Hughes Road.
• At 3:08 p.m., a woman called from the 200 block of Dorsey Drive to report her infant son was locked in a green Toyota Tercel and was crying hysterically. The woman called back to say she was able to get into the vehicle.
• At 10:11 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Sutton Way to report her husband pushed her and she wanted to file a report. Police contacted the woman, who said she did not want to make a report.
• At 7:28 a.m., a caller from the 12000 block of Nevada City Highway reported a person was sleeping in a vehicle. Police contacted the 53-year-old woman in the vehicle and advised her of a city ordinance regarding camping within city limits. The woman said she would attempt to go to a shelter tonight.
• At 2:33 p.m., local law enforcement was alerted to be on the lookout for a 56-year-old man who was missing from his Grass Valley home.
• At 2:55 p.m., a caller from the 14000 block of Lime Kiln Road reported a man drove over a fence to access a neighboring property. Deputies contacted the man, who had a shovel and said he was planting strawberries. Deputies admonished the man for minor property damage to the fence and trespassing.
• At 4:41 p.m., a 15-year-old girl called from the 18000 block of Kentucky Ravine Road to report her male roommate was pointing a shotgun at her, blocking the door and preventing her from leaving. The man said the girl pulled a gun on him. Deputies met with the girl outside the house and arrested the 45-year-old man on suspicion of child endangerment, exhibiting a firearm, making threats and assault with a firearm on person.
• At 6:17 p.m., a caller from the 14000 block of Orzalli Road reported a burglary to a residence. An officer took a report for burglary.
• At 6:34 p.m., a man called from the 16000 block of Hillaire Road to report a person was drunk and threw a printer at the caller.
• At 8:26 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Warbler Way reported a car belonging to the caller’s son was covered in flour, pinto beans and syrup. The caller requested extra patrol.
• At 7:30 a.m., the alert for law enforcement to be on the lookout for a missing man was canceled when he returned to his Grass Valley home.
• At 10:16 a.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Spenceville Road reported a disheveled man was drinking beer on the campus of Ready Springs School. The man left on a bicycle.
• At 3:26 p.m., a woman called to report she was uncomfortable walking on Miner’s Trail. She said there were constantly drug dealers, alcoholics and homeless people on the trail that runs behind a restaurant.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User