Police blotter 4/3/07
• At 3:56 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of North School Street to report her car tire was flat, and she believed her ex-husband let the air out after a court hearing that didn’t go his way. Police responded and advised the woman of the restraining order process.
• At 4:32 p.m., a caller from a grocery store on Neal Street reported a man was starting arguments with customers. The man left the parking lot.
• At 4:59 p.m., a caller from a bar reported a woman with gray hair was disoriented. Police contacted the woman and gave her a ride home.
• At 5:07 p.m., a caller from the 900 block of Freeman Lane reported hearing two shots below a house. Police checked the area extensively and were unable to locate the source of the sound.
• At 5:32 p.m., a caller from Highway 49 at Brunswick Road reported a truck lost its wheel and was sitting at a traffic light. Police responded and called a tow truck.
• At 6 p.m., police cited a man on the 200 block of Joerschke Drive on suspicion of possession of a switchblade knife.
• At 8:14 p.m., police contacted a business owner on East Main Street and advised him a person was sleeping in an abandoned freezer. The owner was advised of a municipal code.
• At 8:25 p.m., a woman called to report a prowler had previously entered her parents’ home on the 100 block of Lidster Avenue. She requested extra patrol.
• At 11:01 p.m., a woman called from the 500 block of Penstock Drive to report her neighbors were up in the attic, kicking and moving and taking things.
• At 2:10 a.m., police arrested a woman at a motel on the 400 block of South Auburn Street on suspicion of public drunkenness and violation of probation.
• At 6:46 a.m., a caller from the 10000 block of West Main Street reported theft of equipment. Police took a report for burglary.
• At 4:23 p.m., a man called from You Bet Road to report seeing a person point a gun at another person. The caller said approximately eight people were in the area, along with a Chevrolet truck and a Ford Bronco. Deputies were unable to locate anyone with a gun.
• At 10:58 p.m., a caller from the 19000 block of Cerrito Road reported a verbal argument with an allegedly drunken person in a parking lot. Deputies arrested a 46-year-old man on suspicion of carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a controlled substance, buying a handgun without an identification mark, assault with a deadly weapon other than a firearm and bringing drugs into jail.
• At 4:40 a.m., a newspaper delivery person reported finding stolen mail on the 10000 block of Wolf Drive. The mail was taken from mailboxes on Lime Kiln Road. A deputy took a report for found property.
Nevada CityPolice Department
• At 7:06 p.m., a caller reported a car was burglarized on the 100 block of Pine Street. Police took a report for petty theft.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User