Police blotter 4/2/07
• At 8:51 a.m., a caller from the 900 block of La Barr Meadows Road reported his father had used his Social Security number. Officers contacted the reporting person, who said the crime had possibly occurred in Yuba City. The caller was then referred to the Yuba City Police Department.
• At 2:37 p.m., officers arrested a 51-year-old man on South Church Street on suspicion of being drunk in public and booked him into Nevada County jail.
• At 6:15 p.m., a man called from the 300 block of Sutton Way and said he believes his landlord is having him followed. The caller also said he thought he was being evicted due to racial discrimination. Officers contacted the reporting person and advised him that this was a civil issue.
• At 6:44 p.m., a caller from the 600 block of Sutton Way reported there was a blind person in the business who was possibly lost. The caller said the blind person was probably mute, as well, and seemed disoriented and was trying to bite people. Officers contacted the blind person and found he had been separated from his family. Officers were able to locate his family.
• At 8:05 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Hazel Way to report that her estranged husband had come into the residence and taken some of her jewelry. Officers contacted the 39-year-old woman and booked her on a warrant.
• At 9:14 p.m., officers cited and released a 17-year-old girl on the 400 block of Colfax Avenue for knowingly operating a vehicle carrying alcohol. Other juveniles were released to their parents.
• At 2:06 a.m., officers arrested a 24-year-old man at the intersection of West Main and South Church streets on suspicion of driving under the influence and booked him into the Nevada County jail.
• At 2:13 a.m., officers arrested a 22-year-old man on the 300 block of Clark Street on suspicion of spousal abuse and on suspicion of violating a restraining order against domestic violence and booked him into the Nevada County jail.
• At 3:29 a.m., a woman called from the 200 block of Joerschke Drive and reported that her keys were stolen and her apartment had been trashed. A report for petty theft of less than $400 was taken.
Nevada County Sheriff’s Office
• At 5:32 p.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Stagecoach Way reported a firearm had been stolen. A report for grand theft of more $400 was taken.
• At 7:05 p.m., officers arrested a 40-year-old woman on South Pine Street on suspicion of spousal abuse and on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.
• At 10:14 a.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Golden Eagle Way reported he has a Rottweiler on his property that recently attacked him. The caller had put a choker on the dog and requested contact with Animal Control.
– Soumitro Sen
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User