Police blotter 3/4/08
• 3:06 a.m. Ð Police stopped a vehicle on Highway 49 at McKnight Way and arrested a 21-year-old woman on suspicion of drunken driving. Her 1993 Dodge Spirit was towed.
• 9:29 a.m. – Officers were notified the skate park was closed due to vandalism.
• 1:10 p.m. Ð A caller from the 100 block of West Berryhill Drive reported a neighbor dispute over animal feces in a walkway. Police contacted the people involved.
• 7:31 p.m. Ð A caller reported vandalism in progress. At least 12 juveniles were beginning to “tee-pee” a residence on Packard Drive just past Kathleen Drive. A second caller said the juveniles were getting the toilet paper from a light-colored minivan parked in front of his residence on the 500 block of Packard Drive. Police contacted the juveniles, who would move along.
• 2:35 a.m. Ð An officer on Neal Street at Mill Street noticed a broken door at a business. Police took a report for commercial burglary.
• 3:10 a.m. Ð A caller from Highway 49 near Bank Street reported hearing an accident on the highway. The CHP responded and determined no one was injured.
• 2:31 p.m. – Yuba County authorities reported an armed parolee had been involved in an accident. He was headed east on Highway 20 at about 100 miles per hour in a stolen white four-door Saturn.
• 3:47 p.m. – A man called from the 100 block of Sacramento Street to report he was just assaulted. The man denied medical attention, and the person who assaulted him was gone. Police took a report for assault.
• 4:18 p.m. – A caller from the 12000 block of Pioneer Road reported a fight with a neighbor. People were trespassing, and when the caller tried to take pictures of the trespassers, someone tried to grab the camera from him. Deputies took a report for assault.
• 5:29 p.m. – A caller from Alta Sierra Drive reported a girl was bitten by a neighborhood dog, and it was unknown who owned the dog. Animal Control was notified.
• 7:28 p.m. – A caller from a business on the 700 block of Zion Street reported a man shoplifted and left with a cart full of groceries in a gold pickup truck with a bad muffler. Police took a report for shoplifting.
• 7:46 p.m. – A woman called from the 14000 block of Hidden Rock Drive to report men just went into her residence. Someone confronted them, they ran out and the woman locked the door behind them. A deputy took a report for residential burglary.
• 9:33 p.m. – A caller from Greenhorn Creek reported hearing several gun shots. Deputies were unable to locate the source of the shots.
• 6:15 a.m. Ð A caller from Highway 49 reported a traffic accident near the Bear River bridge. The CHP and the fire department responded.
• 3:36 a.m. – A caller from the 2000 block of Nevada City Highway reported smelling a gas leak. The fire department and propane company personnel were notified.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User