Police blotter 3/28/07
• At 12:04 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Neal Street reported finding suspicious balloons containing white powder when he was going through donation items. The caller requested officers contact him to identify the item. Officers contacted the caller and collected the items for testing.
• At 12:39 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of South Auburn Street reported some items were stolen from a car. A petty theft report was taken.
• At 2:18 p.m., a man from the 400 block of East Main Street said a dog was hit by a car. He called back, saying he was taking the dog to a veterinarian.
• At 6:08 p.m., an officer arrested a 20-year-old man at the 200 block of Mill Street on suspicion of possessing drug paraphernalia.
• At 7:51 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Sutton Way reported a verbal argument between a man and a woman. The officer arrested the 22-year-old woman on an outstanding county warrant and booked her into Wayne Brown Correctional Facility.
• At 3:18 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of Neal Street reported hearing a man banging on a door and yelling. Officers arrested a 22-year-old man on suspicion of being drunk in public and booked him into county jail.
• At 7:53 a.m., an officer arrested a 52-year-old man at the intersection of East Main Street and East Berryhill Drive on suspicion of driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license.
Nevada CountySheriff’s Department
• At 2:17 p.m., a caller from the 14000 block of Oak Meadow Road reported cabinets, kitchen counter, toilets and other features were missing from a house that the bank had foreclosed on.
• At 4:13 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Paradise Lane reported a residential burglary.
• At 5:08 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Marjon Drive reported three vehicles burglarized.
• At 9:11 a.m., a woman from the 18000 block of Kentucky Ravine Road reported her brother threw some sort of beam at her and her car while she was on the telephone. He reportedly cut her phone and she called back saying her brother left in a beige 1980s truck.
• At 12:32 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Dawn Lane reported a credit card was used fraudulently.
• At 3:54 p.m. a caller on Coyote Street reported a hit-and-run accident in front of the U.S. Post Office.
– Soumitro Sen and Greg Moberly
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User