Police blotter 2/9/08
Grass Valley Police Department
• 1:44 p.m. – A man called from the 1000 block of East Main Street to report he took his dogs for a walk and the resident at the end of the street shot at his dogs. Police contacted all the involved parties, and all was fine.
• 4:37 p.m. – A man called from the 300 block of Sutton Way to report an apartment manager who was just fired was threatening the caller and his wife as they left their apartment. Police cited the 46-year-old man on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• 6:32 p.m. – A caller from a business on the 100 block of Main Street reported a young man, approximately 6-feet-2-inches tall, with blond hair, wearing a black zip-up sweater and carrying a football, was harassing female customers. He was removed from the business but continued to stick his head in and harass the people inside. Police contacted the man, who would be on his way.
• 7:15 p.m. – A caller from the same business on Mill Street reported the blond man still was causing a disturbance outside. Police advised the man not to return or he would face trespassing charges.
• Shortly after the previous call, a caller from a business on the 100 block of Mill Street reported the blond man was in front of the business. Police arrested the 24-year-old man on suspicion of trespassing, possession of less then an ounce of marijuana and public drunkenness.
• 10:50 p.m. – A caller from a building on the 100 block of East Main Street reported a man was sleeping inside. Police arrested the 58-year-old man on suspicion of public drunkenness and violating probation.
• 3:24 a.m. – A caller from the 100 block of Neal Street reported a street sweeper was being very loud. Police contacted the street sweeper and advised him of the city noise ordinance. The man would wait until a later time to clean the street.
• 8:50 a.m. – A caller from the 19000 block of B-4 Ranch Road reported possible identity theft. A year ago, the caller threw away two packages of checks from a closed account and an expired driver’s license. The caller said someone has been using the information.
• 9:32 a.m. – A woman called to report her juvenile son said he destroyed the interior of her house on the 16000 block of You Bet Road and was returning to do more damage. She said he also was threatening the female passenger in his vehicle. The juvenile said the female was out of the vehicle. Officers arrested the boy on suspicion of vandalism and criminal threats.
• 10:47 a.m. – A caller from the 10000 block of East Lime Kiln Road reported a vehicle and residence was burglarized. A deputy took a report for burglary, criminal threats and false imprisonment.
• 11:01 a.m. – A girl reported a man in a smaller, 1990s white, rusty Chevrolet pickup truck attempted to coerce her to get inside his vehicle. The man was about 5’5″ with a short beard and brown hair. A deputy took a report.
• 1:33 p.m. – A caller from the 18000 block of Meadowlark Court reported a man was off his medication and causing a disturbance. Deputies arrested the man on suspicion of vandalism.
• 4:45 p.m. – A caller from Shadow Hill Drive reported two men were yelling and one man said, “Go ahead, shoot me.” Deputies arrested the men for local warrants.
• 5:52 p.m. – A man called from the 14000 block of Pasquale Road to report dredge parts were stolen from his garage. He bought the equipment at a store in Auburn, and the store owner later called to say he had not charged the caller enough and he wanted more money. The caller refused, and the store owner went to the caller’s residence while he was not home and took the equipment back. A deputy took a report for burglary.
• 7:12 p.m. – A caller from Bitney Springs Road reported a black cow was in the roadway.
• 8:07 p.m. – Deputies stopped a vehicle on Mill Street in Grass Valley and arrested a man on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
• 11:01 p.m. – A man called 911 from a pay telephone on the 11000 block of Pleasant Valley Road to report his ex-fiancee hit him with her vehicle, and he was injured. The man, who had been drinking heavily, was transported to the emergency room. The man signed a citizen’s arrest form for domestic violence.
Nevada City Police Department
• 9:43 p.m. – Police arrested a person on the 200 block of Commercial Street on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• 12:23 a.m. – The CHP arrested a person on Ridge Road at Zion Street on suspicion of drunken driving.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User