Police blotter 2/29/08
• 10:59 a.m. Ð A caller from the 100 block of Celesta Drive reported a door was kicked in and a 9-millimeter Beretta firearm was taken about 20 minutes before this call was made. An officer took a report for burglary.
• 11:08 a.m. – Police arrested a 40-year-old man on Alta Street at West Main Street on suspicion of violation of probation.
• 11:17 a.m. – A man in the police station lobby said he believed he purchased a stolen computer near a store on the 1000 block of Sutton Way.
• 3:22 p.m. – A caller from La Barr Meadows Road at McKnight Way reported a man was in the roadway with a shopping cart, causing traffic problems. Police arrested the 73-year-old man on a Los Angeles County warrant.
• 5:23 p.m. – A caller reported a man was walking on West Main Street, covered in blood. He had no shoes and one sock on. Police were unable to locate the man.
• 8:22 p.m. – A caller from the hospital reported a 24-year-old man in the emergency room said he was assaulted on West Main Street near South Church Street. Police contacted the man, who did not want further investigation into the matter. Police took a report.
• 9:35 p.m. – Police stopped a vehicle on South Auburn Street near Neal Street and arrested a 51-year-old man on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance, having a controlled substance for sale, transporting a controlled substance for sale, being under the influence of a controlled substance and possessing a controlled substance without a prescription. The man’s car was towed.
• 9:35 a.m. – A caller from a store on the 100 block of Neal Street reported a man just stole a bottle of Crown Royal whiskey. Police took a report.
• 9:40 a.m. – A woman reported a driver in a white vehicle collided with her vehicle on Brunswick Road and Nevada City Highway. The woman would give a report at the police station.
• 9:39 a.m. – A caller reported a juvenile at a school on Rough and Ready Highway was caught with marijuana. A deputy cited the juvenile.
• 2:30 p.m. – A caller from Richmar Lane and Holcomb Drive reported people were selling steaks out of the back of a truck that had “The Great American Steak Company” written across the side. Deputies were unable to locate the truck.
• 2:53 p.m. – A caller reported someone tried to break in through a rear door of a business on the 17000 block of Penn Valley Drive. A deputy took a report for attempted burglary.
• 3:18 p.m. – A caller from the 12000 block of East Bennett Street reported hearing shots fired in the vicinity. A Grass Valley police officer told dispatchers a deputy did not need to respond.
• 8:56 p.m. – A woman called from the 15000 block of Stagecoach Way to report someone went into her kitchen, removed items from the refrigerator and set them on the counter.
• 2:50 a.m. – Deputies arrested a juvenile on Old Tunnel Road at Brunswick Road on a warrant and on suspicion of violating probation, resisting arrest and public drunkenness.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User