Police blotter 2/27/08
• 1:02 p.m. – A caller from the 100 block of Idaho Maryland Road reported the theft of a chain saw from a store.
• 12:08 a.m. – Officers contacted two employees of a business on the 1800 block of East Main Street who were fighting over a quarter on the ground.
• 12:30 a.m. – Officers cited and released a 48-year-old man at a business on the 100 block of Mill Street for violation of probation.
• 12:49 a.m. – Officers arrested a 31-year-old man at the intersection of Empire Street and Whiting Street on suspicion of drunken driving and booked him into Nevada County’s jail.
• 2:46 a.m. – A man called from the 500 block of Whiting Street, saying his wife was assaulting him. Officers arrested the 29-year-old woman on suspicion of spousal abuse and battery on a spouse and booked her into the Nevada County jail.
• 8:10 a.m. – A woman called from Lakeshore North to report a physical altercation. She said her husband hit her on her head and bruised her arm. She said he was leaving in a gray Chevy Cavalier for a school in Rancho Cordova. Officers arrested the man on suspicion of spousal abuse on Bell Road. A child in the vehicle was released to the family, and the vehicle was secured at the scene.
• 9:56 a.m. – A woman from the 13000 block of Loa Court reported a violation of a restraining order and threats that she and her daughter have received on the phone.
• 4:31 p.m. – Officers cited and released a person at the intersection of Highway 49 and Brunswick Road for driving on a suspended license.
• 6:59 p.m. – A woman came to the Grass Valley Police Department to report a fight earlier at Nevada Union High School. According to her, the parents of the other juvenile were calling her and threatening her. A report was taken for battery.
• 10:54 p.m. – Officers arrested a man on Pleasant Valley Road on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance, transporting marijuana for sale, possessing less than an ounce of marijuana and possessing drug paraphernalia and booked him into Nevada County jail. They also arrested and booked a woman on suspicion of transporting marijuana for sale, possessing less than an ounce of marijuana and possessing drug paraphernalia.
• 5:30 a.m. – A man called from the 15000 block of Ricky Court to report that a woman hit him in the eye. Officers took a report for battery on a spouse.
– Soumitro Sen
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User