Police blotter 2/16/08
Grass Valley Police Department
• 10:53 a.m. – A man from the 200 block of Horizon Circle reported he left his keys in the ignition with the motor running while delivering a package to a residence. When he returned, the vehicle was gone.
• 11:34 a.m. – A caller from Bank Street reported a body under a bush. An area check of the location found that a transient had been there and left his things behind.
• 4:45 p.m. – A man from the 300 block of Church Street reported his house was broken into when he went to the store.
• 8:30 p.m. – A business on Neal Street reported catching shoplifters on video tape.
• 9:26 p.m. – A woman from the 300 block of Sutton Way reported her distraught neighbor had been yelling for two hours.
• 9:39 p.m. – A caller from the 100 block of Empire Street reported being assaulted, then dragged out of a store.
• 12:55 a.m. – A caller from the 200 block of Dorsey Drive called and said “my husband,” then the dispatcher heard whispering and the line went dead. Contact made at the residence resulted in the arrest of a man for violating a court order.
• 9:15 p.m. – A woman called to report her 17-year-old distraught son jumped out of a vehicle and headed up the road without a shirt on.
• 9:21 p.m. – A parent reported a juvenile son who was threatened on MySpace.
• 12:22 p.m. – The Grass Valley Police Department requested assistance with a possible prowler on Kate Hayes Street.
• 8:25 a.m. – A propane company requested assistance at the 21000 block of Pioneer Way after a property owner assaulted a company driver, who was trying to pick up a tank. The property owner parked a tractor over the tank to prevent access.
• 9:19 a.m. – A caller from 18000 block of Biladeau Lane reported fraud by a money management agency.
• 11:22 – A report of theft and elder abuse was made at the front counter. The abuse occurred on the 12000 block of Mooney Flat Road.
• 12:08 p.m. – A caller from South Ponderosa and Highway 20 reported numerous jeeps and motorcycles on the overpass, possibly getting ready to throw items off.
• 1:24 p.m. – A caller from Highway 20 and Rex Reservoir reported a driver threw something out of the window and hit another vehicle.
• 3:22 p.m. – A caller from Rough and Ready Highway and Ranch Road reported a vehicle in a ditch with a person inside.
• 4:50 p.m. – A caller from the 14000 block of Honeysuckle Way reported the theft of a laptop from a residence.
• 7:18 p.m. – A caller from the 10000 block of Spenceville Road reported someone on a school campus playing with fire extinguishers.
• 7:47 p.m. – A caller from Rough and Ready Highway reported several pieces of construction equipment were heard running at a construction site, even though workers left the site several hours earlier.
Nevada City Police Department
• 4:31 p.m. – A caller from National Alley reported a group of juveniles harassing another juvenile in the parking lot.
• 8:15 p.m. – A taxi cab driver on the 400 block of North Pine Street reported a person refused to pay a fare.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User