Police blotter 2/13/08
• 11:19 a.m. – Police arrested a 25-year-old woman on the 100 block of South Auburn Street on suspicion of drunken driving. Her 1996 silver Nissan Sentra was towed.
• 1:58 p.m. – A caller reported a large amount a graffiti was on a retaining wall near Litton Trail. Police took a report for vandalism.
• 5:10 p.m. – A caller reported a man pulled up to Condon Park in a silver Honda Prelude, got out, looked at a small plastic bag containing white powder, then got into a green Toyota 4-Runner and left. A patrol officer was advised.
• 7:41 p.m. – A caller from Hughes Road at East Main Street reported a person who was bundled up in clothing fell into the roadway several times. Police arrested the 44-year-old woman on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• 7:50 p.m. – A man called from the 100 block of Neal Street to report staff at a store were accusing him of stealing. Police contacted the caller and determined he had not been stealing.
• 8:30 p.m. – Police arrested a 53-year-old man at Elizabeth Daniels Park on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• 9:27 p.m. – Police patrolling near a building on the 100 block of East Main Street arrested a 58-year-old man on suspicion of violating probation.
• 1:11 a.m. – Deputies stopped a vehicle on Ridge Road and arrested a 27-year-old woman on suspicion of possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia and violating parole.
• 10:17 a.m. – Deputies stopped a vehicle on East Main Street and arrested three people – one on suspicion of having a controlled substance and prescription drugs without a prescription, another on suspicion of possessing drug paraphernalia and a local misdemeanor warrant and the third on suspicion of possessing drug paraphernalia.
• 1:06 p.m. – A caller from the 10000 block of Bitney Springs Road reported a woman was trespassing on private land. Deputies arrested a woman on suspicion of trespassing.
• 3:44 p.m. – A caller from the 11000 block of Pleasant Valley Road reported a vehicle had crashed into a shed and something was leaking. The environmental health department was notified. Officers spread sand on the leaked substance, which was possibly Pine-Sol. A tow truck would remove the vehicle.
• 8:38 p.m. – A caller from the 11000 block of Maureen Way reported W-2 forms were stolen from a mailbox. A deputy took a report for theft.
• 6:30 a.m. – A caller from a building on the 12000 block of Colfax Highway in Cedar Ridge reported people were messing around with mailboxes, and their off-road dirt bikes were blocking the front door. One bike was purple, and one was red.
• 6:59 a.m. – Deputies followed two dirt bikes on Highway 174. Officers pursued the bikes, which were going at a high rate of speed and crossing double-yellow lines. The bikes crossed the county line and deputies ended the chase due to safety concerns.
• 9:58 a.m. – A caller from a business on the 300 block of Sacramento Street reported a person wearing a striped blue shirt and a black hat stole a cheeseburger. A deputy arrested the woman on suspicion of petty theft with a prior conviction for theft.
• 7:32 p.m. – A caller from a business on Broad Street reported a laptop computer was stolen. Police took a report for grand theft.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User