Police Blotter 2/12/08
Grass Valley Police Department
• 1:58 p.m. – A man called to report his Honda was “attacked” by a motorcycle while on McCourtney Road. Another person said the man in the Honda swerved to try and hit the motorcyclist. Police notified the CHP.
• 3:40 p.m. – A woman called from the 500 block of Fawcett Street to report she recognized a dead cat on Highway 49 as one of her neighbors’ cats, which had been missing for several months. She said a man in the neighborhood had pointed at a kitten “as if his hand was a “.45 Magnum” and the kitten didn’t move. In addition, two jade plants were taken from her house about five months after she moved in. She wanted officers to take DNA from dead jade plants for further investigation. Also, someone had taken some of her newly sprouted trees while cleaning up after the last storm. An officer contacted the woman.
• 8:12 p.m. – A woman called from West Main Street to report a man in front of a restaurant was yelling obscenities. Police arrested the 29-year-old man on suspicion of public drunkenness and an out-of-county warrant.
• 10:44 p.m. – A caller from a federal building on the 100 block of East Main Street reported a man was hiding in the building. Police arrested the 58-year-old man on suspicion of violation of probation.
• 12:06 a.m. – Police arrested a 27-year-old man on the 400 block of Maryland drive on suspicion of violating a restraining order.
• 7:35 a.m. – A caller from a federal building on the 100 block of East Main Street reported a transient who sleeps inside at night was starting to stash food and leave items on the property during the day. Graveyard shift officers were notified.
Nevada County Sheriff’s Office
• 8:27 a.m. – A man called to report a man called him to say he was lost somewhere off Powerhouse Road above Scotts Flat Road. The man said he had spent the night in his truck and his cell phone battery was dying. He is also asthmatic. The man called back to report two other men with a tractor were trying to free the man’s vehicle, and he was fine. His truck was freed, and the man was on his way to the emergency room to get checked out.
• 11:40 a.m. – A caller from a business on the 11000 block of McCourtney Road reported an attempted burglary. Someone broke a window. A deputy took a report.
• 1:43 p.m. – A caller from the 11000 block of Via Vista reported a violation of a restraining order 20 minutes ago.
• 5:18 p.m. – A caller from Boreal Ridge reported someone stole his snowboard and when the caller tried to get the snowboard back, the suspect hit him.
• 7:38 p.m. – A caller from the 10000 block of Robin Avenue reported hearing a gunshot. Deputies contacted a group on Robin Avenue having a bonfire. Someone had thrown a lighter in the fire, causing a sound similar to a gunshot.
• 8:11 p.m. – A man called 911 from the 14000 block of Highway 49 to report a possible heart attack. Paramedics responded, and requested deputies respond to explain proper usage of 911 to the man. He said he wanted to reach his girlfriend at the hospital and he thought he could get through easier by calling 911.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User