• At 11:46 a.m., an out-of-breath caller from the 200 block of Park Avenue reported a vehicle burglary.
• At 1:59 p.m., a woman from the 16300 block of Brewer Road reported someone had pulled plants out of her front-yard garden.
• At 2:12 p.m., a man from the 12000 block of Allison Ranch Road reported a subject who is a parolee-at-large was on his property without permission. Deputies arrested the intruder and booked him into the Wayne Brown Correctional Facility.
• At 8:06 p.m., a caller from the 17000 block of Bissel Place reported a juvenile runaway last seen walking south on Highway 49.
• At 12:22 a.m., a Grass Valley man was booked into the Wayne Brown Correctional Facility on suspicion of battery with serious bodily injury, burglary and criminal conspiracy. Bail was set at $25,000.
• At 9:21 a.m., a caller from the 13900 block of Golden Star Road reported a domestic disturbance. Responding deputies arrested the man on suspicion of injuring a spouse or co-habitant, vandalism and being in possession of a weapon while under the influence.
• At 11:33 a.m., a man from the 10600 block of Silver Way reported a subject sucker-punched him and made threats.
• At 2:37 p.m., a caller reported two subjects at Neal and Townsend streets shooting airsoft guns at each other while using foul language.
• At 3:36 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Eskaton Circle reported receiving a fraudulent check.
• At 6:34 p.m., a man from the 1000 block of Pampas Drive reported his grandfather was trying to hit him with a cane. The man left the home for the night.
• At 10:27 p.m., a caller from Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital reported a fight in front of the emergency room between three males and a female.
• At 10:52 p.m., a man from the 300 block of Sutton Way said his upstairs neighbor pulled a knife on him, so he punched him in the face.
• At 2:14 a.m., a caller from a business on the 200 block of East Main Street said there was a woman in a car outside of the building honking the horn and screaming.
• At 2:19 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of Church Street reported hearing people in a vacant apartment. Officers found three people soon thereafter and arrested one of the men on suspicion of drug violations.
• At 9:48 a.m., a caller from a business on the 100 block of North Auburn Street reported someone had left marijuana and a pipe on a table there.
– Senior Staff Writer Dave Moller
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User