• At 11:41 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of West Main Street requested medical attention for a person passed out in a bar.
• At 12:16 p.m., a caller from the 600 block of East Main Street reported theft of medication from a vehicle.
• At 2:31 p.m., a caller from a restaurant on Richardson Street reported a physical fight. One person left in a maroon Saturn. Police took a report for assault.
• At 6:09 p.m., the Fire Department reported people were trapped in an elevator on the 900 block of East Main Street. The elevator was opened and the people were out.
• At 7:51 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Pleasant Street to report hearing firecrackers outside. She also thought she saw a person with a gun earlier in the day, but she wasn’t sure if it was real. Police checked the area and were unable to locate firecrackers or a person with a gun.
• At 9:12 p.m., police stopped a vehicle and arrested a 20-year-old man for carrying a concealed knife and for violation of probation. They also arrested a 21-year-old woman for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 1:04 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of Richardson Street reported a stolen computer. It was there at 6 p.m. and now it’s gone. Police made contact and took a report.
• At 2:28 a.m., a woman called from the 100 block of Richardson Street to report she was assaulted by a man and he broke her cellular phone and mirrors. Police determined there was no assault or property damage. The woman called back an hour later to report she suffered injuries from the assault. Police made contact and determined again there was no sign of assault.
• At 8:48 a.m., a caller from McCourtney Road at Brighton Street reported a possible drunken driver in a white Chevrolet with no tailgate. The driver looked to be about 65 years old. Police made contact and determined the man was trying to use his cell phone while driving. He was admonished to stop.
• At 9:03 a.m., a woman called to report someone burglarized her car sometime during the night. The person may have entered the car through her sun roof. Police took a report.
• At 12:07 p.m., a caller reported an accident on Gracie Road. A vehicle was on its roof. The CHP handled the call and reported there were no injuries.
• At 1:49 p.m., a caller from the 17000 block of Penn Valley Drive reported theft of a baby Jesus from a nativity scene. A deputy took a report for petty theft.
• At 10:38 p.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Timberline Court reported a residential burglary. A planter was thrown through a glass door to gain entry to the basement. Nothing was taken. A deputy took a report for vandalism.
• At 1:03 a.m., a caller reported the windows were broken out at a computer store on the 11000 block of McCourtney Road. Nothing was reported stolen, and the man who owns the business said he would deal with the problem tomorrow. There was a 4-by-8-foot hole left in the building.
• At 9:05 a.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Harmony Ridge Road reported theft of medical marijuana in September or October. A deputy made a log entry. There was no proof of any suspect.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User