• At 2:14 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Brunswick Road to report a man took a fraudulent check from a customer after she told him not to take any more checks.
• At 4:14 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Chapel Street reported a vehicle crashed into a fence.
• At 4:34 p.m., a caller from a sporting goods store on the 100 block of West McKnight Way reported a hit-and-run accident involving a burgundy 2006 Dodge supercab truck with four doors. Police took a report.
• At 4:48 p.m., police arrested an 18-year-old man for a warrant and cited him for driving with a suspended license. His white 1998 Ford Mustang was impounded.
• At 7:44 p.m., a caller from a restaurant on the 200 block of East Main Street reported a deaf customer was having a medical issue. Paramedics responded.
• At 8:12 p.m., a caller from the 1000 block of East Main Street requested police remove two people from his room. Police made contact and arrested a 44-year-old man for disturbing the peace.
• At 9:05 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Ophir Street reported his apartment was broken into and his crayfish was stolen. Police made contact and were unable to locate any point of entry.
• At 9:16 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Northstar Place reported a disturbance. Police arrested a 35-year-old woman for battery of a cohabitant and public drunkenness.
• At 8:54 a.m., a man called from the 100 block of Arcadia Drive to report his daughter may have been receiving e-mails from a sex offender registrant. A detective would follow up.
• At 8:02 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Combie Road reported a physical fight. Deputies arrested a 34-year-old woman for fighting in a public place.
• At 12:41 a.m., a woman called to report someone has been trying to break into her son-in-law’s house on the 10000 block of Lime Kiln Road to try and kill him. Deputies determined the call was unfounded.
• At 9:21 a.m., a woman called from the 10000 block of Combie Road to report checks were stolen from her home. The woman believed they were stolen by someone who used to work for her.
• At 10:09 a.m., a caller from Dog Bar Road reported being assaulted. A person grabbed the caller’s arm during a discussion about loose dogs and driving too fast. The caller requested a log entry only.
• At 12:14 p.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Torrey Pines Drive reported forged money orders. The crime was committed in Canada and was incomplete.
• At 5 p.m., a caller from the 700 block of Zion Street reported a drug user was in the parking lot trying to leave. Police and CPS arrived and made an arrest for child endangerment.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User