• At 1:13 p.m., a caller reported a two-vehicle accident with injuries at Idaho-Maryland and Brunswick roads. Police provided assistance to the California Highway Patrol.
• At 7:17 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Arcadia Drive reported a water main broke. The Nevada Irrigation District was advised of the call.
• At 10:05 p.m., police stopped a car on West Berryhill Drive and East Main Street and arrested the passenger on a local warrant.
• At 12:39 p.m., police stopped a car on Bennett at Ophir streets and arrested a 24-year-old woman on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance for sale, transporting a controlled substance for sale, possession of a hypodermic or syringe, possession of an opiate and violation of probation.
• At 3:36 a.m., a caller reported a man on the 200 block of Mill Street was in a fight with another person, and he may have been brandishing a gun. Police made contact with the man who was reportedly causing the disturbance. The man had been drinking and police were unable to locate any weapon. The man was advised to keep it down.
• At 9:22 a.m., a woman called from the 16000 block of Autumn Oak Road to report her teen daughter was flying out of control because she took away the girl’s text messaging privileges. The girl was throwing things around the house. The mother was upset because of the cost of the service. A deputy mediated the situation.
• At 11:23 a.m., a woman from the same Autumn Oak Road address reported the teenage girl was hitting her sibling and the caller because she was very upset about text messaging being taken away. An officer made contact and the alleged victim declined prosecution for assault. The juvenile was outside in the brush.
• At 2:29 p.m., a caller from the 17000 block of Sunfish Court reported a car was burglarized the day or night before. Officers took a report for grand theft.
• At 2:30 p.m., a woman called from the 14000 block of Dalmatian Drive to report her neighbor threatened to kill all of her dogs for no reason. The caller was afraid the neighbor had mental health issues.
• At 5:55 p.m., a caller from the 12000 block of Valley View Road reported his contractor threatened him.
• At 8:10 p.m., a woman called to report a group of drunk people were just past the Hansen Brothers quarry on Taylor Crossing Road and attempting to abandon a trailer. Deputies arrived and arrested one person on a warrant.
• At 8:26 a.m., the Placer County Sheriff’s Office asked the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office to contact a man regarding a burned Hyundai. Deputies attempted to make contact, but the man was dead, and they advised the Placer County.
• At 9:37 a.m., a man reported finding a wallet at a grocery store on the 700 block of Zion Street. Police attempted to make contact with the wallet’s owner on Spring Street, but no one was home.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User