• At 9:43 a.m., a caller from the 12600 block of Oak Drive said his sister had just switched their deceased father’s bank accounts into her name. He was advised it could be a civil matter.
• At 3:56 p.m., a caller from the 14700 block of Gracie Road just outside of Nevada City reported seeing a juvenile drive a vehicle into an unnamed city park, light it on fire, take a video of the flaming vehicle and flee the scene.
• At 4:20 p.m., a caller from the 11700 block of Ridge Road said her daughter had been assaulted at Nevada Union High School by three to four juveniles wearing black hoods who told her not to come to school Monday (today).
• At 6:54 a.m., a caller from a business on the 13900 block of Golden Star Road said a burglar had tried to enter but failed.
• At 11:45 a.m., two juveniles on the 17800 block of Minnow Way were taken into custody by the Sheriff’s Office after one of them called to report repeated beatings by their stepfather. Child Protection Services was also notified.
• At 7:43 p.m., a 25-year-old Grass Valley man was arrested for burglary, possession of amphetamine and drug paraphernalia and booked into the Wayne Brown Correctional Facility. Bail was set at $25,000.
• At 9:01 p.m., a caller from Pasquale Road reported shooting and hearing a man yelling “Where are you?” The caller said the subject just ran down the street wearing jeans and white tennis shoes.
• At 10:53 p.m. a 19-year-old Grass Valley man was arrested and booked into the Wayne Brown Correctional Facility following a Grass Valley traffic accident for transporting drugs for sale, possession of drugs for sale, possession of drug paraphernalia, being under the influence of drugs and driving under the influence. Bail was $35,000.
• At 8:52 p.m., a caller from a business on the 700 block of Zion Street said a patron had tried to pay with counterfeit money. The caller said they refused the bill and returned it to the patron.
• At 10:50 a.m., a caller from a 600 block Mill Street business reported seeing four males who appeared to be exchanging drugs and money.
• At 4:16 p.m., a caller said a vehicle had hit a brick wall at the corner of Pine and Race streets. Officers found no damage.
• At 6:53 p.m., a caller reported juveniles throwing eggs at cars on Brighton Street near the fire station.
• At 7:43 a.m., a caller from the 500 block of Jenkins Street reported a bag containing financial information was stolen and some of the cards in it had been used.
• At 11:20 a.m., a caller from a business on the 600 block of Sutton Way said two men in a suspicious vehicle were going through a woman’s purse.
• At 12:10 p.m., a caller said a number of county vehicles parked at the new Behavioral Health building on the 500 block of Crown Point Circle had the gas siphoned out of them and one car had been struck.
– Dave Moller
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User