• At 1:05 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Washington Street reported a man and woman arguing. Police arrested the 39-year-old woman on local warrants.
• At 1:23 p.m., a caller from the 1000 block of Whispering Pines reported the theft of gasoline from a vehicle. Police took a report.
• At 2:05 p.m., police investigated a call regarding a vehicle abandoned in a parking lot on Neal Street, and arrested a 25-year-old woman on a warrant.
• At 2:54 p.m., police took a report for vandalism to a vehicle at a business on Idaho-Maryland Road.
• At 8:55 p.m., a woman from the Grass Valley area called saying she had not heard from her 90-year-old friend in two days. After checking with police out of the area, officers found the friend was in the area, visiting her daughter.
• At 12:34 p.m., a caller reported a dark Ford Expedition that appeared to have been dumped in a field on the 900 block of Plaza Drive. Police found the vehicle had been stolen out of Pinol.
• At 2:58 p.m., a caller from the 500 block of Walsh Avenue reported a shed door and window broken. Though an officer did not find evidence of burglary, the caller requested extra patrols during the night.
• At 6:11 p.m., a caller from Lidster Street reported youths riding quads. Police found the California Highway Patrol also had had contact with them.
• At 2:43 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of Arcadia reported a neighbor’s yard had been covered with toilet paper.
• At 9:57 a.m., a caller reported finding a Jack Russell terrier with a leg wound near the U.S. Post Office, and would keep the canine until city Animal Control opened.
• At 4:06 p.m., a man from the 11000 block of Combie Road reported vandalism to his vehicle while in the driveway.
• At 7:11 p.m., a caller from Mooney Flat Road reported a cow in the roadway at the entrance to Englebright Lake. The cow was returned to its owner.
• At 9:01 p.m., a caller from the 22000 block of Kingston Lane reported two vehicles drag racing at a local school.
• At 10:24 p.m., a man from the 14000 block of Quaker Hill Cross Road reported a woman had punched him in the nose and left. Deputies arrested a 28-year-old Grass Valley woman on suspicion of inflicting bodily injury on a spouse or cohabitant.
• At 8:36 a.m., a woman from the 11000 block of Miners Way reported someone broke into her barn and stole syringes.
• At 1:38 p.m., a caller reported a dead raccoon at the top of the slide at Western Gateway Park.
• At 4:24 p.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Tammy Way reported a truck was broken into while the person was golfing in Alta Sierra.
• At 5:33 p.m., a man from the 18000 block of Hilltop reported his wife was bitten the evening before by a bat, which he had trapped under a pot on the porch. County Animal Control responded.
• At 8:09 a.m., a girl from the 23000 block of Lone Pine Drive called crying and said her parents are alcoholics. She was having trouble at home and asked for contact with an officer.
• At 8:41 a.m., a girl from the 16000 block of Duggans Road reported she and her mother were fighting, her mother pushed her to the floor, and the girl had gone to a friend’s house.
• At 9:35 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of North Pine Street reported vandalism on a building.
• At 6:38 p.m., police responded to a call on the Cabin Street of a man singing on the porch who would not go away. Police arrested the 50-year-old Nevada City man for public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
• At 8:16 p.m., a woman from the 800 block of Zion Street reported her neighbors were trying to break into her home, have sex with her, maim and kill her. She denied she had been drinking.
• At 9:06 a.m., a fire was reported in the kitchen of a restaurant on the 1000 block of Plaza Drive. CDF responded.
• At 10:59 p.m., CDF responded to a report of a possible vehicle fire on Birchville Road, but found the vehicle was only steaming and leaking.
– Trina Kleist
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User