• At 12:40 p.m., a woman called from a gas station on Nevada City Highway to report she witnessed a man take a wallet from a parked car, check for cash, then throw the wallet back in the car. He was wearing a black shirt and sweatpants and he was about 50 years old with a graying brown ponytail. Police searched the area and were unable to locate the man.
• At 4:13 p.m., a caller from Condon Park found a backpack with drug paraphernalia in it. The pack was taken by police.
• At 7:34 p.m., a caller reported two teen boys and one teen girl were yelling obscenities at passing cars on West Main Street. Police were unable to locate the teens.
• At 8:43 p.m., a bus driver found a wallet and turned it in at the police station. Police left a message for the owner of the wallet.
• At 9:52 p.m., police arrested a 38-year-old woman on West Main Street on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 10:39 a.m., a caller from the 600 block of Brighton Street reported someone illegally dumped multiple boxes overnight. Police contacted the owner of the boxes and he said he would retrieve them.
• At 10:24 a.m., a woman called from the 18000 block of Norlene Way to report she listed a couch for sale on Craigslist and someone said he wanted to send her a check for more than the asking price of the couch and he wanted her to send back the difference. The woman was advised no crime occurred; just intent. She was advised to report the incident to Craigslist.
• At 11:06 a.m., a caller from the 11000 block of Stillwater Creek Road reported checks stolen more than a year ago were being passed at several locations.
• At 11:17 a.m., a woman called from the 13000 block of Mill Creek Road to report a person called and threatened to rape and kill her.
• At 11:22 a.m., deputies took a report for manufacturing a controlled substance on the 16000 block of Lower Colfax.
• At 6:50 p.m., a woman called from the 13000 block of Aurora Close reported religious literature was being left inside her screen door in her home.
• At 8:40 p.m., a man called from a campground on the 26000 block of Highway 20 to report two older men in an orange Cadillac shined an infrared night scope at him. He said he confronted the men and they were very argumentative. Deputies made contact with the men in the Cadillac. They left the campground.
• At 2:01 a.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Green Way Place reported a woman took approximately 30 pills and the caller was holding her down. Deputies took a report for violating a restraining order and the woman was taken to the hospital for ingestion of pills.
• At 8:27 a.m., a caller from the 15000 block of Green Way Place reported a woman was under the influence of alcohol and was trying to break back into the home. The woman wanted more alcohol and the caller wouldn’t let her have any.
• At 9:12 a.m., a woman called to report her husband hit her while they were in a vehicle on their way to Alta Sierra on Highway 49. The woman would contact another agency to give a report.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User