• At 1:10 p.m., police arrested a 20-year-old woman on the 200 block of East Main Street on a warrant and for violating probation.
• At 3:16 p.m., a caller from Memorial Park reported people were selling drugs by Clark Tower. Police made contact with six people and there was no drug activity.
• At 3:21 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Sierra College Drive reported seeing a woman dragging a small child, who was crying. Police checked the area and were unable to locate the woman.
• At 6:48 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Colfax Avenue reported a drunk man was at a smoke shop. Police arrested the 50-year-old man on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• At 8:57 p.m., police arrested a 27-year-old man on the 400 block of Neal Street on local warrants.
• At 9:23 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Neal street reported three teen boys, two with skateboards, took a pumpkin off a doorstep and rolled it down the street. Police checked the area and were unable to locate the juveniles. No information was available about the pumpkin.
• At 12:33 a.m., police arrested a 45-year-old woman on Brunswick Road and Sutton Way on suspicion of having methamphetamine and a controlled substance, violating probation and driving with a suspended license. A 51-year-old man also was cited for conspiracy.
• At 3:47 a.m., a caller from Kate Hayes Street reported hearing a man yelling. The 66-year-old man had fallen was transported to the hospital.
• At 5:38 a.m., a 20-year-old man went to the police station to report he had taken medication in violation of his probation and he wanted to turn himself in. The man was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance and violating probation.
• At 10:40 a.m., Nevada County Animal Control requested a deputy’s assistance with an illegal kennel on the 24000 block of Highway 49.
• At 1:13 p.m., deputies arrested two people on the 600 block of Freeman Lane on warrants.
• At 1:19 p.m., a caller from the 700 block of Hoover Lane reported a man on a yellow motorcycle picked up his daughter from school and appeared to be under the influence. The California Highway Patrol was advised, but officers were unable to locate the motorcycle.
• At 2:46 p.m., a caller from Highway 49 near Sun Shadow Circle reported a woman with a cut on her leg was on the ground next to a stream. The woman was taken to the hospital for treatment, then arrested on a warrant.
• At 4:09 p.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Lake Wildwood Drive reported someone was stealing from her mailbox. She was missing six bills.
• At 5:36 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Henson Way reported a screen at a residence was pried and bent sometime this afternoon.
• At 8:29 p.m., a caller from Blue Tent School Road reported he found a wallet on Saturday. The wallet was returned to the owner.
• At 8:12 a.m., a woman from Highway 174 at Empire Mine Cross Road reported her 17-year-old daughter kicked her in the face. Deputies arrested the girl.
• At 2:23 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Boulder Street reported a man with long stringy hair wearing a green jacket was walking up and down the street looking into cars. Officers were unable to locate the man.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User