• At 12:10 p.m., a caller from a bank on Sutton Way reported a noninjury accident in the parking lot. The caller requested an officer contact a confused driver of a Chevrolet Impala. Police made contact and a report was taken.
• At 2:55 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of South Church Street reported forged checks. Police made contact with the victim, who lives in Nevada City where the original burglary occurred. The case was forwarded to the Nevada City Police Department.
• At 3:05 p.m., a woman reported her ex-boyfriend threw a rock through her window. She refused to give the name of the man and asked police not to respond.
• At 5:17 p.m., police arrested a 21-year-old man in the police station lobby for car theft.
• At 7:31 p.m., police arrested a 44-year-old man on Henderson Street for attempted spousal abuse and damaging a telephone line.
• At At 7:58 p.m., a woman called from the 300 block of Bennett Street to report her 17-year-old son as a runaway. She does not have custody of her son. Child Protective Services has custody and was supposed to report him as a runaway. Police made contact with CPS and took a report for a runaway juvenile.
• At 11:15 p.m., police arrested a 19-year-old man on Richardson Street and North Church Street for a warrant out of Mono County.
• At 12:28 a.m., a caller from the 700 block of South Auburn Street reported a man was prowling in the area. Police made contact with the man who was upset over possible eviction. He was advised to refrain from prowling.
• At 7:11 a.m., a caller reported a homeless person was on the steps of city hall wearing a winter coat and gloves, with a sleeping bag and a backpack. The caller said the person needed to be told to move along. Police were unable to locate the person.
• At 8:44 a.m., a woman called from the 200 block of Fairmont Drive to say she wanted her sister removed from the premises. There was yelling then the sister left in her car. The caller did not want her sister stopped and would not give a description of the vehicle. An officer made contact and the argument was only verbal. The woman did not want to press charges.
• At 2:36 p.m., a man called from the 15000 block of Duggans Road to report the theft of a landscaping rake from his driveway. He said the rake had been for sale for $800. Deputies took a report for grand theft.
• At 5:28 p.m., a man called from the 17000 McCluskey Drive to report vandalism of political signs on his property.
• At 6:52 p.m., a caller from Aileen Way and Patricia Way requested extra patrol between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. daily because someone was vandalizing political signs throughout the neighborhood.
• At 8:11 p.m., a caller from Nevada County reported a 35-year-old woman was missing, and may be in North San Juan. She was last heard from two weeks ago. She was driving a Subaru wagon with two bumper stickers on the back, possibly with Colorado plates.
• At 10:10 a.m., a caller reported a caretaker may not be caring for the property or livestock on the caller’s property on the 11000 block of Willow Valley Mine Road. Neighbors had been reported excessive traffic at night. Animal Control was advised.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User