• At 1:36 p.m., a caller from McKnight Road near Highway 49 reported an injury accident. Police responded and a 36-year-old man was arrested for driving under the influence and causing bodily injury to another person.
• At 1:40 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Northstar Place reported that three men were on a ladder crawling into the window of a building but added that one of the men might live there.
• At 5:55 p.m., a caller from a business on the 100 block of Dorsey Drive reported two pit bulls in a parking lot. The caller had notified Animal Control earlier in the day and AC did not respond.
• At 6:04 p.m., a caller from the 600 Block of Brighton Street reported that her neighbor was yelling at her. Officers made contact with both parties, who agreed not to have contact again.
• At 6:49 p.m., a caller from the 600 block of Walsh Street reported finding a firearm in a motor home she bought in Petaluma that she hadn’t seen before. Officers found a 40-caliber Glock, which matched a stolen gun in Petaluma.
• At 12:58 a.m., a caller from a business on the 100 block of Neal Street reported a physical fight. Officers made contact with two men, who said that they were just playing.
• At 7:50 a.m., a caller from the post office parking lot reported seeing a ziploc bag containing a suspicious-looking white powder. Officers responded and tested the substance, which was a spice from a food drive.
• At 12:46 p.m., a caller from the 14000 block of Newton Road reported being assaulted by a neighbor whom he had contacted about disturbing the peace. The neighbor left in his car. Deputies alerted the CHP.
• At 6:10 p.m., a caller from the 20000 block of Pleasant Valley Road reported that a woman in a Green Isuzu Trooper was parked behind a restaurant, screaming that she was going to kill all the dogs in the neighborhood, but the caller did not see a weapon.
• At 3:54 a.m., a caller from a business on the 10000 block of Pleasant Valley Road reported that a man in a black Ford truck who appeared to be about 70 years old seemed to be having trouble staying awake. Deputies responded and the man was transported by ambulance to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital.
• At 12:55 p.m., a caller from the 700 block of Hoover Lane reported a broken window due to vandalism.
• At 6:53 p.m., a caller from a business on the 700 block of Zion Street reported a juvenile on a motorbike speeding through the parking lot and adjacent parking lots.
• At 12:02 a.m, a caller from a business on the 300 block of Sacramento Street reported that a man who had been drinking was currently in the men’s bathroom and had been driving an SUV. Officers responded and the 32 year-old man was arrested for driving under the influence.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User