• At 10:16 a.m., a caller from the 300 block of Alta Street reported a hit-and-run vehicle accident. A white Mustang was last seen on Alta Street. The victim’s white Subaru was completely smashed on its back end. The vehicle had spun sideways into the street. Police cited a juvenile for and attempted hit-and-run and vehicle theft. The juvenile was released to parents. Police also cited a 21-year-old man for a hit-and-run.
• At 12:34 p.m., a woman called from the 10 block of Juan Way to report there were grapes all over her vehicle. She did not know if there was permanent damage and she requested an officer respond. There was no permanent damage.
• At 9:37 p.m., a caller from Walsh Street at Mill Street reported a stop sign had been turned around. An officer fixed the sign.
• At 9:37 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Race Street reported a house had been egged.
• At 12:36 a.m., police arrested a 24-year-old woman in an apartment complex on Dorsey Drive for driving with a suspended license and violation of probation.
• At 12:59 a.m., an officer on Rockwood Drive helped an elderly man home. He had just left the hospital and needed assistance.
• At 10:56 a.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Washington Road reported a Gradall forklift was stolen. Deputies took a report.
• At 1:11 p.m., a man called from the 15000 block of MacDonald Road to report tenants who just moved out left behind large quantities of drug paraphernalia and possibly some marijuana.
• At 3:32 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Keenan Way reported a runaway juvenile. She was last seen on Oct. 14 and may have been headed to an aunt’s house in Massachusetts.
• At 4:35 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of North Bloomfield Road reported a man in a driveway was acting very strange and refusing to leave. He said he was being chased by gangs. Deputies were unable to locate the man.
• At 4:43 p.m., a caller reported a Dodge Intrepid was stolen last night from the 10000 block of Stottler Road, possibly by two women who knew the victim.
• At 6:27 p.m., a caller from a grocery store on the 11000 block of Pleasant Valley Road reported people were coming into the store and emptying beer bottles. They were also breaking bottles of beer and opening bottles and turning them upside down on the top shelf.
• At 7:58 a.m., a caller from Highway 20 reported a three-vehicle accident at the Gold Flat Road offramp.
• At 8:02 a.m., Placer County law enforcement alerted Nevada County authorities to be on the lookout for an elderly lady who had been forced into a silver Subaru in Meadow Vista and was screaming for help. A caller from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office called back to cancel the alert. The elderly woman did not want to go to the doctor.
• At 9:29 a.m., a caller from a home for juveniles on the 24000 block of Highway 49 reported a runaway juvenile, last seen walking down Highway 49. The staff was attempting to get the juvenile into a car at a bridge on Highway 49, but they needed assistance from law enforcement.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User